We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FQF data report...

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pensacola
Level Contributor
711 posts
Save Topic
FQF data report...

Anyone have an official estimate of the crowd on saturday. Appeared really huge to me. What a blast event!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FQF data report...

I haven't heard the official numbers but it seemed a little less crowded to me than in 2008. I suspect more locals skipped it this year and that may be why. (Happened to Jazz Fest, too, once it got really huge).

Also, the crowds were more spread out along the river all the way from the Mint to the Aquarium. This helps with crowd control and "flow."

It's a great event and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: FQF data report...

I agree, the Saturday crowd was amazing. The wife and I worked ( volunteered) Abita Beer Tent #11 in Jackson Square on Sunday. The crowd on Sunday appeared to be similar in size to the Friday crowd.

As usual our French Quarter Festival memories will last 4ever, we miss New Orleans already!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FQF data report...

Yeah, it definitely felt less crowded to me than last year, but I don't know for sure.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FQF data report...

I don't have anything to compare it to but Saturday didn't get too crowded until early afternoon. The longest line at any of the food places where 3-7 people. Only saw a couple beer lines of more than a couple people. It was pretty crowded in the tighter areas along the waterfront.

5. Re: FQF data report...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 04:16