We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any swing music places?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico
5 posts
Save Topic
Any swing music places?

Hi

Friday night is my last night in new orleans and i was hoping to catch a live swing music band.

Any tips or where can i go tonight?

Thanks a lot

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any swing music places?

Grab the times picayune this morning and check out the music pages in the lagniappe section..if you have a laptop check out www.offbeat.com

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any swing music places?

www.offbeat.com doesn't show swing music at any of the venues on this date.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any swing music places?

Sorry, but you missed a great swing band at the Monteleone block party on Thur. night...it was a part of their 6oth birthday party for the Carousel Bar.

Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any swing music places?

that was too bad, know im in lafayette and still hoping to get to catch a show, ill be two weeks here, and will have a couple of weekends off so i will keep my eyes open in case something happens, i will even ride the bus to go back to NO in case there is something.

thanks to all for ypour anwers and if you know something please let me know

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any swing music places?

lots of swing music!!! Palmetto Bug Stompers on Sundays at 6pm at DBA, RockNBowl on Wed nights, JazzVipers on Tuesdays at DBA, Kermit Ruffins is always great, check out gumbogroove.com for local swing dancing. The Palm Court Jazz Cafe usually has good stuff too. www.offbeat.com lists music by type.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any swing music places?

forgot to mention Joe Krown at Le Bon Temps Roule tonight and other gigs throughout town.

7. Re: Any swing music places?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 07:20