We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

Hi TA,

My friend and I are headed to NO in 2010 for the french quarter festival. Which hotel would be the closet to the festivities. This is our first time there and haven't a clue to the layout? We would like something modestly priced.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

Modest is a relative term during a major festival in New Orleans. However, many hotels are within a few blocks of the festival, which runs along the entire French Quarter riverfront, into Jackson Square along Bourbon and Royal streets.

I'd probably try the Place d'Armes, Provincial or Chateau first. These are all less expensive than some of the larger properties. All well-located near the Fest, too.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

I love the FQF..we had to miss this year but are planning for 2010!

The last couple yeras we have stayed at the Astor Crowne on Canal and Bourbon and have been very pleased.The location is great and an easy walk to most of the venues. We used bookit.com and this was the 4 start french quarter mystery hotel. The prices were below what was offered at other hotels.

chicago
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

check out the holiday inn express, I think it's 221 Carondelet (which turns into Bourbon street after you cross Canal, the main drag). They're reasonably priced and they have a pool, and serve breakfast. We just got back and stayed at the Hampton across the street. Breakfast was terrible there (although the hostess was wonderful - she just serves what she's provided with). I would have saved over $100 at the Holiday Inn, and for some reason I didn't notice it until the day before we were leaving and the cancellation would have been too much.

Like I said, it's about a 2 blocks from the beginning of Bourbon. Close enough to get away from there and all of the noise, and close enough to get there and have fun. I know I wanted to be somewhere close for after too many hurricanes. Some of the other low priced hotels would be too far of a walk. There is another Holiday Inn express on Royal that I stayed at previously, but it has some nasty people hanging out in a store across the street.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

If French Quarter prices are steep (though I'm sure you'd be able to find deals at places like Place d'Armes, Hotel Provincial, Prince Conti, Le Richelieu etc.), you should also consider the Warehouse District. It's only a few blocks from the French Quarter, and there are a lot of great restaurants in this location too!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

I checked with Place D'armes what they're prices will be for next year's FQF, and they are charging over 300$ a night from Friday to Sunday nigh. Definitely not cheap.

I inquired about the cost for a 9 night stay next April, and the cost would be the same as my 11 night stay during this year's FQF.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

I figured most hotels will jack up their prices during any event. What I'm trying to do is use my American Airline miles to pay for my hotel. April(2010) hotels are not up on their site yet,but I want to be prepared. Hopefully, they'll have some of the suggested hotels available.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

i was just looking at some holiday inn prices on their website.

if i remember correctly, they weren't that bad but i don't think it was the holiday express. it might have been the holiday chateau or french quarter holiday inn. something like that...

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

Try the Holiday Inn on Royal($154/night), The St. Louis($153) or the Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne($172). Not the greatest of hotels but you'll svae some $.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn on Royal St. The trick to getting a good room there is to request one on the 18th to 20th floors. They have been renovated and are really nice. We joined the Priority Club and are usually given a room on the 18th floor. It's free to join (just go to the Holiday Inn web page and sign up) and does help with getting a better room. The location can't be beat.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for French Quarter Festival/2010

Have you tried Hotwire for the FQF dates? I'm currently getting what appears to be either the Westin Canal Place or Omni Royal Orleans for $124/night, which is a steal! They have several other options too!

I use this site to determine the hotel name: http://www.betterbidding.com/