We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The new old new Roosevelt hotel

nyc
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
The new old new Roosevelt hotel

Whats the status? Are any public areas opened yet?

I will be in NOLA mid july and I hope to check it out.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

I am curious too. Please let us know how your stay goes.

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

We're invited to a reception in the Blue Room towards the end of this month. I'll try to remember to post a review then ;-)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,232 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

The property is accepting reservations beginning July 6th. But most hotels usually do a "soft opening" before their published opening date to work out any kinks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they open a week or two before that date.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

The Roosevelt just had a huge publicized citywide job search, so I'm sure they are in the process of working out all the kinks. I definitely plan on checking it out soon though!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

per today's newspaper, "soft opening" June 25th

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

That is wonderful news.

nyc
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

I am really looking foreward to reviving my old habit of having my first sazerac when I arrive in town at the Saverac bar. But I do hope they don't hang the TV back up. It just didn't seem right in there IMHO

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

We've booked 4 nighsts in late July. I'd love to hear form anyone who's been before.

The hotel direct phone number went unanswered last night, and the info I got formn the 800WALDORF line didn't match the online booking info, si I am a bit concerned about my reservation being correct. We'll see...

I read that eh "grand opening" in set ofr October, with the soft opening in the summer.

9. Re: The new old new Roosevelt hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 05:31