We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

We stayed there last summer and enjoyed it very much..found it a little worn in areas but bedrooms opening out onto the courtyard were wonderful. We're thinking of booking there in June. Have any improvements been made since becoming a Wyndham property? I'm finding a great AAA on their website.

Thanks as usual.

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
717 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
949 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
129 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
455 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

I've heard that it's become more upscale since Wyndham has taken over, and the rooms have gotten a much needed renovation as well. It's one of quieter hotels in the Quarter too, so if the rates look good, I'd go ahead and take advantage of the good deals.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

A lot of improvements and some of the larger rooms you will find in the area plus super high ceilings. Pretty convenient to the Red Fish Grille when its raining out.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

Don't recall what room # we had on first floor(but did have balcony that opened up to courtyard near pool) but that room was incredibly noisy when we stayed in April. I'm not sure what we're hearing but it sounded like music from a club. Other than that, it was a great place to stay.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

Just stayed ther--see my trip report

Received an email from them after i completed thei survey--this was in the email:

We hope that you will consider to come visit us again as we are going to start guest room renovations in the upcoming months. With these renovation we will have new bedding, carpet, drapery and wall texture as well as furniture and updated amenities.

5. Re: Chateau Bourbon (formerly Chateau Sonesta)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2009, 05:41