We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good eats on the Trolly line?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis Tn
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Good eats on the Trolly line?

Looking for new place to eat now that Putunia's is closed. Any place with good crepes in the FQ? Also looking for a nice place to eat on the trolly line, not too expensive, but also not fast food.

thx

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

There's La Crepe Nanou off Prytania St Uptown (a few blocks from the streetcar line) that serves very good crepes. It's a nicer dinner place in comparison to Petunia's.

Also, on the St. Charles Ave streetcar line: Luke, Herbsaint, Leonardi Trattoria, Slice Pizza, Zea's, Trolley Stop Cafe, Voodoo BBQ, and Delachaise.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

And just one block off the streetcar line is Commander's Palace lunch specials M-F with 25 cent martinis.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

Commanders Palace has a "no shorts" policy. Found that out the hard way.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,504 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

There is a place that we used to go to for breakfast, it was called The Trolley Stop. They had huge breakfast platters. As far as I know, it is still open.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

The Camellia Grill is good.

Memphis Tn
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

Thx guys for your in put.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

For breakfast, we like the Bluebird Cafe, on Prytania, one block from the St. Charles streetcar line.

Again, for breakfast, If you want to take the Canal St. streetcar, our choice would be the Ruby Slipper.

http://www.therubyslippercafe.net/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

The Trolley Stop is still open, an almost 24 hour diner, cheap and good!

There is a place for crepes in the quarter, I think it's a cart, but I'm not sure...I think it's linked to a Brennan's restaurant somehow.

Lots of good stuff to eat off the St. Charles line - depends on what you like - starting out after Lee Circle and going uptown: Delmonico's (an Emeril's restaurant), Zea's Rotisserie and Grill (DELICIOUS!! and affordable with large portions), a few sushi places, Little Tokyo, Miyako and another one, The Melting Pot (a delicious chain), The Delachaise (wine bar with smoking-allowed, and delicious food), Superior Grill (festive Tex-Mex, large portions and not expensive), The Columns hotel lounge (a New Orleans hangout with bistro fare, they call it), Upperline and Crepe Nanou are 1 block off of St. Charles further uptown, Gautreaux's (if it is still around, nice place, 1 block off St. Charles or so). Then it is very residential for awhile. Pass the park and the universities and you come upon Vincents (great Italian). Get to the Riverbend, and there is La Madeleine (a chain with good breakfast, lunch and dinner fare and nice service), Camellia Grill, Louisiana Pizza Kitchen (also good food and reasonably priced), 1 block off of Carrollton is Sara's Restaurant (on Dublin, Asian-creole inspired cuisine). Further up on Carrollton there is Lebanon's, Sweet Basil, a tapas restaurant, Cafe Nino (cheap Italian and pizza by the slice) Boucherie (sp?, but very good and fancy French) all at the intersection of Jeannette and Carrollton. There's more, but I hope I've given you a bit of variety.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

The Bluebird Cafe has closed, sorry to say.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good eats on the Trolly line?

Oceana on Conti in the Quarter has hired some of the Petunia crew (a cook and some waitstaff) and is serving their crepes, eggs melanzana, etc. A friend just ate there yesterday and said though not like Petunia's, ambience wise, it was good. Their breakfast is served 8:00a.m.-1:00p.m.