We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelmom's Last trip report :(

new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travelmom's Last trip report :(

Finally got a chance to sleep late, catching up after all our walking and partying. We had breakfast in our room and walked down to Riverfront. Took ferry across to Algiers and came back on the next ride..free and we could just sit and relax. Stopped at the Omni to go to rooftop and view city. Walked to Mother's, an old local favorite, and ordered breakfast. This place is a MUST. Deeeelicious ham and cheese omelettes and other local fare. We walked around Harrah's and then the cool air conditioned mall. Pretty nice. Walked along Royal St...some pretty incredible shops. Came home to nap and shower. Cabbed it EARLY so we didn't have to wait in line at Acme Oyster House. The best Charboiled Oysters EVER!!! Dinner unfortunately not as good. Walked to a bar called Below 42 and saw the best amatuer rock band! ( I know, rock not jazz?) They're name was Dirty Play. Loved them. I dragged hubby out to see the children's choir at St. Louis cathedral but although I enjoyed it he wanted something a bit more exciting. We found a karoake bar, Razoo (?) and listened to some fun! We ended up at Old Absinthe house and had a few beers. It was a cool place. We ended up back on Chartres and stopped into a corner bar called Friendly's. We spent the rest of the night listening to music,and drinking with the locals.We made it back to B&B and plunged into bed!

Our last day was short...woke up to go to Farmers Market..buy muffelettas at Corner grocery, pick up some pralines,buy our son a vodoo doll and alligator head and my daughter a pretty mardi gras mask. Stuffed from muffeletta and sad to leave we cabbed it to airport promising to return . Next time with friends to share this wonderful city with!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelmom's Last trip report :(

Glad you had a good time. There is never enough time in No, hein?

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelmom's Last trip report :(

Thank you for your great trip report, Travelmom! Sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful time. My husband and I travel to NO at the end of the month. We have 4 nights/5 days planned and I knkow it will never be enough time. Just gives us all more reasons to head back and SOON! :)

new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelmom's Last trip report :(

Glad you enjoyed reading the reports..I can't wait to go back either. Definately in cooler weather!

4. Re: Travelmom's Last trip report :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 07:19