We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FQ Hotel help

wichita
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
FQ Hotel help

Looking at going to NO in early September and I'm dizzy with looking at all the hotel options. I've read so much good and bad on a lot of them. We want to stay in a FQ hotel that has history and character yet not run down and trashy. We'd like a nice pool area and perhaps a fun bar & restaurant close by or even in the hotel. Pretty much be quirky and quaint, yet not completely devoid of comfort and class. It doesn't have to be super quiet but it would be nice if it wasn't really noisy either. And we want to try to keep it not much more than 100 per night since the parking will be 30 or so for most hotels and we will be driving there. Any suggestions?

wichita
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FQ Hotel help

OH and thank you SO MUCH in advance to whoever would answer!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FQ Hotel help

Early September you should still be able to get good deals at the Omni Royal Orleans or Monteleone. Both have great pool areas and are fantastic hotels with New Orleans charm!

You also don't need a car in touristy New Orleans! So you could park in a cheaper lot and save $$.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FQ Hotel help

...and spend that $$ on a hurricane at Pat O'Briens piano bar or at Lafitte's bar, mmmmmmmmmm. (Ok, I'm really crazy a hurricane right now).

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FQ Hotel help

We returned last week from Le Richilieu. It may meet your requirements. It also has free parking. It is older, but it was wonderful. It has a very nice pool area, a cool lobby (old fashioned with lots of charm). It is close to everything in the French Quarter. We loved it. Again, it is older but has lots of old world class. It has a bar area, as well as a small patio area where they serve food. The rooms are a nice size with a refrigerator. The staff was exceptionally accommodating. We would recommend it. It definitely added to our New Orleans experience.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FQ Hotel help

that should be craving a hurricane...

wichita
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FQ Hotel help

Le Richelieu is one I had been looking at - that just may be where we stay then! I had looked into the Royal Sonesta and the Omni too but they seemed just a tad out of my price range. And I am already "crazy" for a hurricane - lol! I might have to go get one at the cajun restaurant here in town just to suffice me until then. Thanks for the advice!!!!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FQ Hotel help

I also like LeRichelieu for the free parking since we always have a car (road trip). We also enjoy the Hotel Provincial which is close to LeRichelieu (both in the quiet part of the French Quarter). The Hotel Provincial is supposedly haunted (it served as a civil war hospital)...unfortunately we did not see any ghosts when we stayed there. Both LeRichelieu and Hotel Provincial have pools, LeRichelieu has a bar and Hotel Provincial has a very nice restaurant on the premises. Another good choice might be Place d'Armes which has a prime location, right by Jackson Square and just minutes from Pat O'Brien's. I have never stayed there but they get great reviews from people on this forum who have stayed there, and their location is superb.

wichita
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FQ Hotel help

Oh and the Monteleone looked nice but a touch out of our price range but maybe I'll check all the different sites and see if I can find some good deals. On the parking - are there parking garages close to the quarter that would be cheaper than the hotel parking?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FQ Hotel help

Travelzoo has a $89/night special on the Monteleone for certain dates in September, which is worth looking into: hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/620350

Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FQ Hotel help

Just received an email from the Hotel Monteleone with specials of 99 to 109 weekdays/weekends that you might want to consider as they are also offering parking at a reduced rate of 10 USD per day - it's usually 30 USD - wish that had been our rate a few weeks ago!!!