We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 girls - 1st time!

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
5 girls - 1st time!

My girl-friends and I (5 of us) are meeting from two parts of the country in NO for the first time next month. We are staying at Bourbon Orleans. We're celebrating a few things:

two bdays

one house purchase

freedom

and just girl time!

We've got a few things planned:

- spa day: recommendations would be super helpful!

- upscale dinner: one night of celebratory dinner -- haven't decided on a place yet

- cooking course: thinking of doing the "hands on" cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking.

- comedy club: no place finalized

We will obviously do some of the must sees (per TA) but if anyone has any ABSOLUTE must do, please do let me know.

We're very excited! =o)

p.s. we love food! and although we are celebrating, we are not loaded so other than a few splurges, we'd like to stay on budget so we don't come back to our respective homes broke. =o)

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

GW Fins would be a nice celebration dinner or Mr. B's Bistro

Coops is great casual food and bar.

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop for great hurricanes

Cafe du Monde for excellent sugar fix

French Market for shopping on the cheap. Royal and Jackson Square for more shopping.

Johnny's Poboys for great sandwiches

Bon Ton Cafe is really good.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

I love Belladonna on Magazine Street....Voted #1 day spa in NOLA.

http://www.belladonnadayspa.com/

Dick and Jenny's on Tchoupitoulas is our favorite New Orleans restaurant. If you want to stay in the Quarter, we like Irene's Cuisine. Clancy's is a favorite locals' restaurant Uptown.

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

aww thank you guys!!!!!! this is awesome!

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

just made sunday brunch reservation at Commander's Palace! =o)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

If you want to stay in the Quarter for your spa experience - I can recommend this one - www.ofadeansalonspa.com. I had a great pedicure there and the place is super clean and nice. Have a great girls trip.

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

i would definitely recommend Belladonna on Magazine as well, paired with a lunch and a lovely day spent boutique shopping.

One of my favorite boutiques (which also has a FQ location) is Trashy Diva on Magazine Street. It's got great retro inspired clothes which look good on just abuot every figure! One of my favorite New Orleans restaurants (for cheap, fun food and drinks) is Juans Flying Burrito a few doors up from there. They have reeeeaaallly good fresh fruit mojitos and excellent delicious food www.juansflyingburrito.com

i usually hit up juans, do a little shopping down magazine (stopping in neat shops along the way), get some amazing gelato at sucre http://www.shopsucre.com/

then up the street, more shopping and to belladonna for a spa treatment.

afterwards? up the street a little more to bulldog for some beers in their courtyard and you guessed it...more shopping.

when I'm down with my girlfriends (or any new orleans newbies!), we also always get a bloody mary tour www.bloodymarystours.com her tours are a great way to get in a little haunted history and do a little bonding at the same time. For my bachelorette we did a private tour involving making voodoo dolls (meant to bring good luck, not bad luck) as well as toured cemeteries in the evening and did a bit of a haunted pub tour. Her tours are fully customizable and I reccomend them as a MUST do for anyone.

in all my visits to New Orleans, I've never visited a comedy club. The biggest laughs I've had were watching people do drunken Karaoke at Cats Meow on Bourbon (check it out around 11 or 12 at night and you'll agree).

if you're there on a thursday evening, One Eyed Jacks on Toulouse hosts a pretty awesome 80's dance night. I've done that a couple times with my friends and it's always a blast.

I like Coops for inexpensive local dining (the waitstaff is normally pretty surly, it's their thing) cafe du monde for cheap daily breakfasts of beignet and iced cafe au lait, Cafe Angeli on Decatur for something sort of healthy (when I'm on a fried food and booze bender, it levels me out) and Cafe Adelaide for their happy hour specials.

have fun and enjoy the city!

-kel

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

Thanks kel!! n everyone else too. got a pretty good itinerary planned =o)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
132 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

Hi, Anjani...girls and I just returned from NOLA a few weeks ago (I miss it!). We did the Cocktail Tour thru Greyline and it was awesome. Our guide (Sandy) took us to a few well know bars, gave a history of each and you purchased your drink. Each bar had a signature drink but it was up to you what to have. This was a great way to see a few of the bars, have a few drinks, laughs and learn all at the same time! We had a blast. Have fun and enjoy NOLA.

9. Re: 5 girls - 1st time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 07:18