We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November weather

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
November weather

My daughter and I will be visiting New Orleans in the middle of November. What is the weather like at that time of the year? Thank you.

New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November weather

Me and hubby will be there too at that time, i read that it will be pleasant but not nice enuff to swim in any pools, hope that helps.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November weather

It can be a bit unpredicable. Cool enough to need a jacket one day and warm enough for shirt sleeves the next. I always plan layers in late Fall. One thing that is pretty certain, it will be warmer down there than in NJ, (or KC for that matter).

Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
Level Contributor
641 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November weather

it could be hot as crap one day, and the next day, cold as ice. I recommend using the weather channel and packing both a jacket and a swimming suit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November weather

November is usually beautiful, pleasant weather! It shouldn't be too cold, although I'd take a light jacket/sweater.

October/November are some of the best months, weather-wise, to visit New Orleans!

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November weather

My husband and I are returning in November also. November is my favorite month to visit New Orleans followed by March or April. I agree with the other posters though the weather can be iffy. We have been there then when it was 88 degrees, one year it was actually cold and rainy and a couple of years it was in the 70s. But what ever the weather, we have always enjoyed it.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: November weather

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to go. This will be my 3rd time this year. I visited in March with my husband and the weather was beautiful. We also visited in July and it was hot and humid but we hung out at the pool most of the day and went out at night. This time I'll be with my daughter and her girlfriend for a long girl's weekend. I can't wait to visit your great city again.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: November weather

I was there in November 2003 and we found the weather to be quite warm. I was able to wear tshirts, or sleeveless tops, and jeans or a skirt. At night, i just needed a light sweater. There was only one night where i needed something heavier.

Hope you have fun!

8. Re: November weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 06:16