We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Ghost Tours

Ohio
7 posts
Save Topic
New Orleans Ghost Tours

We will be in NOLA on 10/23-30/09 and would appreciate any input on walking, cemetery and ghost tours that you would recommend or avoid. We are in the French Quarter but also plan on walking tours on the Garden District. Thanks.

Tom

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

We recently took the gray line ghost tour and enjoyed it very much. I have heard that the locations visited and some of the stories told are dependant on the guide. Still I feel you can't go wrong with this one, it is more "fact" based and does not have the "theatrics" that some other tours have.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

I have taken both the Haunted History ghost tour and a Bloody Mary tour, and really enjoyed both of them. The haunted history tour usually has a larger group, which can make it a little hard to hear the guide if you're in the back, whereas Bloody Mary keeps her groups a little more intimate, which is great. My friend preferred the haunted history tour to Bloody Mary's, because the stories were more elaborate, and maybe a little theatric, while Bloody Mary seems more authentic and really passionate about what she believes..she also does a voodoo ritual, which is very interesting. For people looking for a fun, humorous..and maybe a little gruesome type of tour, I'd go for the Haunted History Tour, but if you really believe or are intrigued by ghosts/spirits/voodoo, etc and are passionate about it, then definitely go with Bloody Mary..she is the real deal. Have fun!! :)

Ohio
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

Thanks to you both.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

We've been on Grayline (not impressed), carriage tour (fair), haunted history (pretty good & theatrical), magic (pretty decent-not here anymore), bloody mary (excellent)...so as you can guess..Bloody Mary is the tops.

Ohio
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

Thank you!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

I highly recommend the cemetary tour, it was a terrific, very informative tour.

Hope you have fun!

New York
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

Which Bloody Mary tour do you recommend?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

we did the tour of the undead at 8:30 and really enjoyed it..she takes you around haunted places within the Quarter.

9. Re: New Orleans Ghost Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 05:16