We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Hi there!

First of all, let me thanks so much for your help and advices. I will be en New Orleans in ten days and most of the stuff I´ve used to prepare my trip I got it right from you.

I would like to ask one last question. I´ve been checking some stores that I like (Express and Forever 21) and I see they don´t have a store in New Orleans but in Metairie (Lakeside shopping Center in Veterans Boulevard). How can I go from the French Quarter to that place? Bus, train? A taxi would be too expensive?

Thanks so much!

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Cab though I'm not that familiar with the NOLA bus routes. You can always call United and ask them the rate. Hopefully you'll get some local comments.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Taxi will be about $20-25 each way from the city, I think. The airport is a fixed price but everything else is metered and that meter gets high when you cross parish lines!

Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Thanks so much for your help.

Is it possible to go by bus? It´s very difficult to find information about bus routes online.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Yes, it's possible although I admit I wouldn't know how to do it.

Jefferson Transit (JeT) operates the buses in Jefferson Parish, where Lakeside is located. RTA (norta.com) operates them in New Orleans. They have a couple of links in downtown New Orleans but you may have to change buses a couple of times to get to Lakeside. Again, I'm not certain.

Unless you're just really set on visiting, I'd suggest skipping it as Lakeside is just a run-of-the-mill mall. If you really want to do it, maybe rent a car for the day?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

If you want to take public transport, take the Canal street car/bus to the end, cross over to bus terminus, E1 Veterans bus - runs along Veterans Blvd - takes you to stop directly opposite the shopping centre. Its relatively straight forward and cheap.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Thanks, Ralph! Good info to have. One final word: the Lakeside Area mall is a mess right now due to construction of the I-10/Causeway interchange. Just in time for Christmas, too! I am sure the buses aren't affected but it's made the car traffic patterns a bit confusing with all the detours!

Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

Hey, THANKS SO MUCH for the info. I really appreciate it so much.

Very valuable information, thank you!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

I, too, would not spend my time going to Lakeside but I also understand how it is when you love a store. Every time I visit NYC, I have to visit 3-4 stores spread all over the city...

9. Re: How to go from Nola to Metairie for shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 05:19