We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swamp tour or plantation tour, 1st week in November

New York
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Swamp tour or plantation tour, 1st week in November

I'll be in New Orleans the first week in November for a Habitat program. They are offering optional tours to Houmas House (don't know the tour operator) and the Cajun Pride Swamp tour - these are not combo tours. I only have time for one of the tours at most, and might choose to skip them entirely in order to spend more of my time in the city. Can anyone recommend which would be a better choice (yes I know they are two totally different things)? Since I will only have 2 full days to explore before getting to work, am I better off skipping these and focusing on other sights?

Free Tours by Foot
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
The Voodoo Bone Lady Haunted Tours
Cultural Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Florida
Level Contributor
866 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swamp tour or plantation tour, 1st week in November

Since your only going to have two days I would spend them in the quarter.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swamp tour or plantation tour, 1st week in November

I agree. Skip.

3. Re: Swamp tour or plantation tour, 1st week in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2010, 06:16