We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

Hi all!

I'm going to be traveling to New Orleans in November and am planning out my restaurants. I have one night open, and can't decide between Jacques-Imo's or K-Pauls? Any recommendations. The other two nights for dinner will be Acme (we have a gift certificate) and Louisiana Kitchen for their Feed Me menu.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

Very different places. K-Paul's is in the Quarter and is a bit more upscale (though not "fancy") with a traditional cajun menu. Jacques-Imos is uptown ($15-20 cab ride or streetcar ride from the Qtr), is very loud and always crowded and is more of a creole/soul menu.

I would pick KP but nothing wrong with Jacques-Imos.

Oh, and JM does not take reservations for parties under 5. KP does.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

AmyB625...CajunWave nailed it....nothing to add..

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

Does K-Paul's still have community seating? Haven't been in years...just curious. We love Jacque-Imo's for its funky unique atmosphere, food and good pricing. It would require more of an effort to get there as other posters mentioned.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

I think K-Pauls stopped community seating in the mid or late 1990s! A lot of people still think that they have it, though. A friend of mine mentioned it the other day as the reason he doesn't go there.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

Jacques-Imo's, definitely.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

I was at K-Paul's last November and was very disappointed. Long gone are the community tables ... and the charm! The food was just OK, but not what I remember from years ago. I'm afraid it's one of those examples of "got too fancy for it's own good". Too bad.

7. Re: Jacques-Imo's or K-Paul's??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2010, 06:19