We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did i make the right call?

Tewksbury...
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Did i make the right call?

Just switched my reservation from the Price Conti to the Place De Armes. King room deluxe at the Prince conti to the junior suite at place de armes. Was this the right move? Heading to NOLA with my wife FEB 27 for two nihts before carnival cruise for 5 nights Mar 1st. We are in our early thirties and like to have drinks and explore.

Edited: 11 January 2010, 03:31
WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did i make the right call?

For two nights, as long as you are near the Quarter/ Marginy area you won't go wrong. Hit Lafitte's Blacksmith Shoppe for a great hurricane, then stroll up Bourbon and catch a set of Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate before or after heading down to Coop's Place for some great Cajun fried Chicken and jambalaya. Hit the late show at one of the clubs on Frenchman...you may purposely miss your boat. ENJOY

Mentioned in this post
Coop's Place
Coop's Place
2,865 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Tewksbury...
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did i make the right call?

I cannot wait!!!

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did i make the right call?

Both are run by the same company so I wouldn't worry about your decision. I think it was a good one. I second the suggestion to see Big Al. Great atmosphere there.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,709 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did i make the right call?

Another good thing about the junior suites is they have a mini refridgerator and microwave.

Tewksbury...
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did i make the right call?

Do they have windows? what are the views?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,709 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did i make the right call?

It depends upon which jr. suite you get as to the views..all the junior suites have windows. From info I've had for awhile..Rm 222 has a view of the pool and has two queen beds......we've been in 308 and I understand all those are king jr.s 208,308,408,508 and have pull our sofas and view of the pool...over the courtyard that has two doubles would be 212,214,215. You'd have to check with the hotel as this is an old sheet I used when trying to get some rooms for relatives coming in from out of town and us.

Tewksbury...
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did i make the right call?

thanks

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Did i make the right call?

Also be sure to check out Mark Penton at the Funky Pirate. We just LOVED Mark and he was much more our style than Big Al. Also, stop in at Fritzle's in the evening...fun, fun, fun music. Drinks were expensive, but the music made it well worth it!

9. Re: Did i make the right call?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 06:16