We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good eats off the beaten path

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good eats off the beaten path

Going back to New Orleans--first time with a car, though. Can anyone recommend any good eats that require a car to get to? It's ok if it's a little outside the city, too. We can always find the highest rated fine dining, but ideally we want to find the hidden local gem.

Special Offer
New Orleans Tour
174 reviews
from US$36.00*
US$45.00
New Orleans Bike Tour
153 reviews
from US$45.00*
New Orleans City and Cemetery Bus Tour
17 reviews
from US$45.00*
Combo Oak Alley Plantation and New...
3 reviews
from US$99.00*
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good eats off the beaten path

For po-boys, I like Domilise's and Parasol's Uptown, Crabby Jack's in Jefferson and Parkway Bakery and Tavern near City Park.

For seafood, Casamento's for oysters (Uptown) and Jaeger's or Deanie's (Bucktown branch) - especially for crawfish!

I love the Riverbend restaurants - Jacques-Imo's, Dante's Kitchen, Brigtsen's, etc. and Patois is one of my new favorites (Uptown).

Plus, Ralph's on the Park on City Park is one of the best fine dining restaurants around :)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good eats off the beaten path

Take a look at www.nomenu.com/restaurants for accurate reviews, phone numbers, and locations.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good eats off the beaten path

We like Dick & Jenny's, Gautreau's, Upperline, Clancy's, Brigtsen's, Irene's Cuisine (Quarter) and just discovered Flaming Torch (French Bistro right off of Magazine). You'll find lots of locals in these restaurants outside of the Quarter. I also like nomenu.com recommended by previous poster for reviews and info.

OKC
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good eats off the beaten path

I highly recommend Liuzza's by the Track and Willie Mae's Scotch House.

5. Re: Good eats off the beaten path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 07:19