We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

What is the easiest way to both restaurants? Can I take the streetcar and walk or taxi it?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

You could take the streetcar. Dick and Jenny's is about 10 blocks and Patois about 14 from the line. However I wouldn't really walk either after dark. The way to Patois is through a pretty nice neighborhood, the walk to Dick and Jenny's a little less so.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

I would take a cab to Dick and Jenny's. Check them out on Facebook..they just got monster soft shell crabs in for this weekend!!

I'm still trying to get to Patois, having heard wonderful recommendations.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

There are so many excellent restaurants within walking distance if you are staying in the CBD or French Quarter. I love Dick and Jenny's and Patois is fine, but I just don't find them to be so much better than the plethora of restaurants that are right in the city center.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

I agree with the cab. Too far to walk after you get off the streetcar. And I also agree that while both are amazing places, there are so many wonderful choices in the FQ too. Between Patois and D&J's I would choose D&J.

5. Re: Getting to Patois and Dick and Jenny?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 05:18