We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
255 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

Hi, going next June, which one would you choice?, just review that similar rooms with similar prices, around $130 with balcony.

Thanks

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

I like the St Marie, the location is great. The rooms are pretty spacious too...but either one is a great pick.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

Dauphine is fine but I don't think it's worth $130, we paid $85 plus tax and I was good with that. My mom liked Hotel St. Marie and she's quite picky so I think that would be a fine choice.

June is hot and humid and I'd think you can find better prices. Are you looking at this June or June 2011 just to be sure? Either way, book thru the hotel but keep looking for better prices and if you find them then hopefully the hotel will match it or just book thru the other entity and cancel your original reservation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
255 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

Hi thanks for your answers. I'm traveling in June 2010.

Best Regards

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

This is off season, and you should be able to get great, low rates. In June, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere without a pool. Look at Priceline. If you're savvy about how to bid on Priceline (study the site Bidding for Travel, which tells you how to outwit Priceline), you should be able to get a great deal with a pool. I've stayed at the Dauphine, and I didn't think it was great, although I've heard they've renovated since my 2003 stay.. La Maison Dupuy has a great courtyard pool, and you could probalby get a deal there in June. I also recommend Le Pavillion, which is outside the Quarter in the Central Business District, but has a great rooftoop pool.

5. Re: Dauphine or Hotel St Marie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 06:20