We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parks with a splash pad

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
86 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Parks with a splash pad

I will be in New Orleans at the end of July for one day waiting to board Carnival. Does any of the parks have a slash pad for my kids? I am thinking that after doing some walking in the morning ,would like to stop at a park for lunch and cooling off.

Thanks

Slidell, Louisiana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Parks with a splash pad

I'm not aware of any splash pads in New Orleans but there is one at Heritage Park in neighboring Slidell.

http://www.slidell.la.us/rec_parks.php

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parks with a splash pad

Trust me, with our summertime heat and humidity, there is no cooling off in a park at lunchtime (never seen a splash pad but maybe some locals will chime in). Just hope your hotel has a pool or choose an air conditioned restaurant for a nice lunch.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parks with a splash pad

The zoo is currently building one, but it isn't complete yet. City Park has one in it's 3 or 5 year plan. But, even when/if both of those are built, none within the Quarter/downtown area.

Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
86 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parks with a splash pad

thankyou. i guess we could enjoy a nice restaurant.

5. Re: Parks with a splash pad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:18