We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really that hot?????

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is it really that hot?????

Weather.com says it will be in the 90s this week with high humidity...is this accurate??

Just joking of course. We are finally off tomorrow for our first trip to New Orleans. We usually leave the kids at home and head to Vegas, but wanted to branch off from the left coast. Checking into the Hotel Dauphine for five nights with planned trips to plantation country, the Degas House, the NO School of Cooking, and anywhere that serves tempting microbrews. And of course, need to have a hurricane and hand grenade along the way. And Harrahs to fill the void left by Vegas.

I have been reading this board for about four months and have taken very careful notes. Very insightful and helpful information. The "usual suspects" that post here a lot are very patient with the constant repitition of some questions. Maybe that search box needs to be bigger.

So thanks to all that post regarding excellent places to eat, drink, and stay.....I will report back. Maybe I will even run into some LSU Tigers to dicuss the possibility of a LSU/Oregon Duck football match-up to start the 2011 season.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really that hot?????

Have a great trip and stay "cool" with the Coolinary restaurant offerings this month.

Check out: http://www.nomenu.com/

Yes, wear your Oregon shirt and you will find lots of Tigers to chat with!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really that hot?????

Haha! Well, it's actually been hotter this summer so far, but I think we might have a reprieve from the heat indices of 105 and up, so it'll be a bit "cooler" than what we've been having when you're here! I know that's still not much consolation. I think I actually felt a breeze yesterday :-)

Have a great time.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really that hot?????

Have a GREAT time, searcyone, and don't forget to report back to all of us when you get home!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,690 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really that hot?????

Have a great time and be sure to take comfortable shoes!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really that hot?????

Just tell the LSU fans that you're here to take Gary Crowton back with you and you'll be the toast of the town!

Portland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really that hot?????

Oregon was very lucky to send Ludwig to Utah and Crowton to LSU.....neither of those impressed me. However, Mike Belloti, as much as I respect him as a coach, seemed to always hold the reins back. His best hire was Chip Kelly and now the offense is just plain deadly and we might have a defense to compliment it this year. Crowton is boring, predictable, and didn't seem to use our talent well. However, when you have a roster of 5 star studs like LSU does, sometimes Homer Simpson can even get the job down. So sorry, he is staying :)

7. Re: Is it really that hot?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 07:18