We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

When you have a minute, I think it would be very helpful to edit the Top Questions for New Orleans. First, these need to be updated and secondly, there needs to be a question concerning itineraries and where should visitors stay, referencing the various areas. This should eliminate so many duplicate inquiries.

Loop, I've always liked your standard itinerary response!

Thanks.

Best Seller
Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
707 reviews
from US$176.00*
Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
941 reviews
from US$48.00*
Best Seller
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
115 reviews
from US$56.00*
Best Seller
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
411 reviews
from US$14.99*
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

Loop--You still haven't answered my Hurricane question either. I would love your imput!

Deny

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

ILoveLouisiana...standardizing the questions would take the fun out of it! I agree that some questions are asked over and over, but a lot of folks who are new to the forum or are going for the first time WANT to ask those questions.... :)

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

we don't have a ton of control over the content on the site, but I'll send a message and see if we can get on it!

:o)

-k

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

scratch that! just figured out we can... ha ha!

I'll pop in and work on it when I get some spare time :O)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

I agree with Hermicane - I actually like answering people's questions - it makes me feel connected to New Orleans when I can't be there.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

Jeannie, I understand but there is so much repetition. I know when we went to San Francisco this summer, the top questions meant so much in my research along with additional special questions from me.

Glad to see you on the forum. My husband and I will never forget our special gathering in New Orleans in April. Let's do it again sometime!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

I agree that these questions are helpful. It's also helpful if the DE's gently suggest that people refer to these questions and the reviews and then come back with specific requests. Lately, so many people chime in on every topic, even if they have no new information to offer. When you love the city as we all do it's hard to refrain, but the forum can quickly become a chat room. Too much of this and it's hard to sort out what is a genuine review and what is a passionate response to NOLA.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

buferson, while I DO understand that the repitition can be a bit much, I still have NO problem with it, as a lot of people are visiting for the first time and don't want to wade through pages of questions to see if they've been ask before. And like jlr, I truly enjoy trying to help people find a "niche" for themselves in NOLA! You actually hit it unintentionally--and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, so maybe I should speak for myself....

If I wanted a "genuine review", I'd read Fodor's or Frommers. When I'm going someplace new, it IS the passionate response I want!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

As a first timer coming to NO in March 2011, I love reading all the posts and responses on TA. I know there is repetition, but the more I read, the more I feel I am getting to know the area better. If I see a place mentioned numerous times, I think I should really check it out.

Please do not stop posting on here! I love reading everybody’s questions and all of the answers.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loophole & Other Experts..You need to edit the Top Questions

Please let me clarify my initial request. For major cities on this forum, a suggested itinerary or two or "Things to do" are shown under "Top Questions" for the noted city. Loophole especially has a wonderful suggested walking tour/itinerary for New Orleans that he will copy from time to time for an interested visitor. Under NOLA's top questions, the itinerary question is concerning children and older teens. I just thought one for adult travelers would be helpful. I never want passionate travelers and lovers of New Orleans to stop writing their recommendations and trip reports. It's just handy when you start researching a city to find helpful comments in the "Top Questions" from experts.