We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bloody Marys

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bloody Marys

We are heading back down to New Orleans soon (4 weeks today!) and my husband wants to know who makes the best Bloody Marys. So, where do you go for your favorite?

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bloody Marys

This was pre Katrina, but the best Bloody Mary I ever had in my life was in the barroom on the Steamboat Natchez. As relates to casual bars (plastic cup version), my 2 faves are served at Harry's Corner and MRB, both in the Lower French Quarter. As for upscale, the Commander's Palace version was very very good (but it might have been linked to the ambience [it usually is]).

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bloody Marys

I had one of the best ever at the French Market! I think it was the Organic Banana, but am not sure. Anyway, it was really good and fun to have while wandering through the market.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bloody Marys

I had a pretty good one at the magnolia grill in the french market, very spicy. Finally took the edge off this weird feeling I woke up with sunday.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bloody Marys

My vote is the Maspero's on Decatur down near the French Market. I LOVE the spicy green beans they put in it. My second vote is the Bloody Mary's made at the Superdome. The Coffee Pot on St. Peter also makes a good one. As you can tell, I LOVE my Bloody Mary's!

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bloody Marys

Thanks for all the recs. He may have to try a few of them to compare. Myself, I'm not really fond of Bloody Mary's. They remind me of my youth as they were the next morning cure for hangovers.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
149 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bloody Marys

I don't really like Bloody Mary's either, but my husband loves them. He really likes the ones at Remoulade, the sister restaurand of Arnaud's, on Bourbon. Beware though, they are spicy!!! :)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
66 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bloody Marys

New Orleans is the first place I ever had them with the pickled string beans in them. Anyways, I always like mine extra spicey and made from scratch, not with the premix. Ask for them that way in the Quarter and ANY bartender will be sure to make you a great one. My best was from the hotel bar at the Sheraton.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bloody Marys

My wife is the Bloody Mary drinker in the family. Her favorites come from The Golden Lantern, on Royal, near its intersection with Barracks.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
23 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bloody Marys

IMHO, (and we drank the whole week away all over the French Quarter), I'd have to say try the Oceana. Its at 739 Conti just off of Bourbon. Large glasses, about $8.50 I think. Nice and spicy and not made from a bottled mix. They put a couple of hot string beans, a large olive, and a pepperincini pepper in the glass. Well worth giving a try. We were there last week. 9/30/2010.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bloody Marys

Is it possible to get a Bloody Caesar in Nola or just Bloody Mary's? Most Canadians prefers Caesars over Mary's.