We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kermit Ruffins at Blue Nile

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Kermit Ruffins at Blue Nile

We are coming to NOLA for our 3rd 5 nite weekend this year.: ). I was looking at the live music sch for next week Oct 15th and see that Kemit is at the Blue Nile that nite..We have not yet ventured to Frenchmen St for music at that time of nite..Is the area safe for walking from Bourbon and which would be the safest way to walk there?? We are staying a The Prince Conti..

Thanks

metpro

Marthas Vineyard

Mentioned in this post
Blue Nile
Blue Nile
133 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
BRADLEY, ILLINOIS
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kermit Ruffins at Blue Nile

If you`re walking from your hotel, I`d take Conti to Decatur to Esplanade and cross it at the fire station. You`ll be on Frenchmen then. Rational? Decatur is heavily traveled and not a problem.

Coming from Bourbon? Either go over to Decatur, or if it`s really late, cab it. The residential end of Bourbon can be very dark and isolated late at night, so I always skip it unless there`s lots of people out and about.

Edited: 10 October 2010, 13:04
Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kermit Ruffins at Blue Nile

We saw Kermit there last year when he was shooting his "Saint's Christmas" video. So much fun!

NJ
Level Contributor
736 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kermit Ruffins at Blue Nile

Definitely take Decatur all the way to Esplanade/Frencmen corner. That small area is my new favorite spot at night. We saw him there last week.

4. Re: Kermit Ruffins at Blue Nile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:16