We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cajun Cabin

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cajun Cabin

I think this is the WORST "restaurant" in New Orleans. However, to be fair, I'd like to ask everyone who has eaten there what they think of it...Fire away!

nj
Level Contributor
736 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cajun Cabin

and are the oysters any good or do they mess that up as well?

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cajun Cabin

We ate there twice the first time we ever went to New Orleans but to be fair I think we stopped there to eat because there was live zydeco music playing and the boyfriend wanted to listen. We did eat there and it was ok but neither my other half and I are real foodies so I guess it was ok. But to my understanding they dont do the live music thing anymore so thats sad.

Morgaine

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cajun Cabin

chris, see my other post to you under barneysbud's thread "restaurantcoupons.com"

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cajun Cabin

I ate there a couple years back, actually didn't think it was horrible or anything. It's not fine dining, and don't ask me to remember what I ate or anything, but I don't recall it being the worst meal I've ever had.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cajun Cabin

Stopped in for supper in April 2009 because they were advertising live music on their website. They were no longer offering live music, which is still being advertised on their website to this day, but the burger and fries were pretty good. If you're really hungry and walking by and you can't wait any longer to eat, there are worse places to eat, but certainly nothing spectacular.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cajun Cabin

We ate here twice a year ago and thought the food was pretty good.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cajun Cabin

Herm--I guess not too many people have eaten there. I found their Caesar Salad was good--even though the dressing was a bit weak for my liking.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cajun Cabin

looks that way, Den...also doesn't seem to be that most people thought it was as bad as I did....oh well, I only know that I won't eat there again!

Food should not be "okay" or "nothing spectacular" etc in Nawlins tho--it SHOULD be amazing!!!

North American
Level Contributor
9 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cajun Cabin

I'm glad I looked at this- it's certainly different than the reviews and ratings on this same site. I found a place that has $50 Cajun corner gift cards for $20.... would you say that makes it a good value, or is the quality just plain lousy?

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cajun Cabin

We all have our opinions of restaurants, some good some not so good, you'll never know til you try.