We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years in New Orleans?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Years in New Orleans?

What's it like? What is a must see? Anything in particular happens? Where to go and spend new years? Any special venue?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
275 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

I've brought in a couple of New Years in front of Jackson Square, to see the fireworks on the River. We hit the manadatory spots - Pat O's and Jean Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop as well. This is always a crowded time because of the Sugar Bowl.

nj
Level Contributor
733 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

I have been trying to find out the same thing myself. I am going for sure. Jackson square is where to be for sure. Party, fireworks, gumbo pot drop. I keep being told about some fq something website for info however it doesnt have any info either. Good luck.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

Here's the link to the NYE info

http://www.neworleansonline.com/christmas/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

I read about Jackson Square, I'm looking for a private paid event.

porelly~ that website is perfect! Has a couple ideas. thank you very much!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

My husband and I do the Riverview Room party every year. It's fun to get dolled up in black tie and be away from the packed crowd in the Square. We like adults only types of celebrations also and Riverview Room fits the bill whereas the Natchez tends to have a decent amount of children and teenagers on it (at least it did several years ago).

Don't get me wrong, Jackson Square then Bourbon and/or Frenchman St. is the place to party on NYE, but if you're over it/can't handle any kind of crowded party scene, private party is the way to go. You don't have to worry about being outside if it's freezing cold, either (because it can very well be).

Edited: 05 November 2010, 17:50
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

Agreed... I'm trying to decide between the Riverboat room or the Seamboat Natchez. I like the idea of being on the boat for the fireworks. Is it black tie?

Im from San Francisco, and every year we go to a big black tie event at one of the many hotels here, maybe the Riverboat room is a better idea.

7. Re: New Years in New Orleans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 06:22