We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turducken

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Turducken

Just saw a great show featuring Turducken. They say it a louisana thing..Anyone know where you could find it on a menu in NOLA??

Thanks

Metpro

Marthas Vineyard

53 days 'til return to NOLA

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turducken

the ONLY thing I can find is this:

uneakmedia.com/sites/…default.html

but it's in Gretna. I DID find Cajun deep-fried turkey on Margaritaville's menu (unfortunately, it was AFTER we got home that I found it!) CAN'T WAIT to give that a try!

Only 163 days for us....

Edited: 28 November 2010, 21:24
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turducken

Turduckens are mainly an eat-at-home item and are seen most around the holidays. The turducken was a purely commercial invention so it's not like it's a La. tradition or anything. It may be on the menu somewhere in town, but I've never seen nor heard of it. Some people like them, but once was enough for me - I just don't think the flavors meld very well.

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turducken

We have a turkey fryer here at home..Just plaster on your cajun spices and yummy.. That's how we now cook our Thanksgiving bird..We cooked a 17 lb turkey this year in 76 minutes..Came out perfect. moist, flavorful and very good..It was a huge hit to the new comers that joined us for dinner..

metpro

marthas Vineyard

Easton,Pa.
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turducken

Have to agree with highway61nola, We had a 14 lb. turducken delivered from just outside New Orleans last year for Xmas, and were rather disappointed with the blending of the 3 meats together.

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turducken

You can have one shipped to your home from Cajun Specialty Meats from Pensacola, Fl. The proprietors are NOLA natives. CajunSpecialtyMeats.com

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turducken

Just as an FYI, Carl and Cory Broussard, owners of Cajun Specialty Meats, are from Maurice, LA. Maurice is a long way from New Orleans, both physically and culturally. :-)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,647 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turducken

You might check with Cochon.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turducken

just an FYI to all in Canada: there are LOTS of NOLA places to order from, but NONE will ship perishable items to Canada, so don't try for that!

nj
Level Contributor
733 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turducken

any other places have cajun fried turkey?

pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
535 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turducken

We had a turducken roast a few Christmas's back (sorry can't remember from where), to be honest, we were not very impressed. Now a deep fried turkey that's a different story. I just had cracklins delivered & inhaled from SimplyCajun.com. They have all different types of meats.