We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music & Dress help needed!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
192 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Music & Dress help needed!

DH and I will be in town 12/9-14. Would like to see Kermit Ruffins at Vaughn's on Thurs. What time should get there before it is too crowded (read he starts late)? Also, will cabs be available when leaving Vaughn's or will we have to call? Next, want to catch John

Boutte at d.b.a. on Sat. Again, what time should we arrive and how long does he play (trying to plan dinner)? Finally, DH likes to be fairly casual - will nice jeans, nice shirt/sweater, leather jacket fly at most of the following Birgstens, BonTon, Eleven 79, Pelican Club, KPauls? By fly meaning will we feel out of place. Usually feel overdressed when in NOLA. Want to be comfortable but don't want to offend.

Much thanks in advance for all replies! Can't wait to get there!

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music & Dress help needed!

Nice jeans & a shirt will be fine for DH at K-Paul's. I was pretty surprised how poorly some were dressed-real touristy. Now, if you were heading to Galatoire's- you'd really feel out of place, even during the day. Sorry, I can't help with the other places since we haven't dined there.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music & Dress help needed!

Hubby and I ate at Eleven 79 last Thurs and Bon Ton last Friday, we were more dressed than jeans both times but we saw a couple of people in jeans at each place. Hubby wore khakis and a sweater and felt comfortable both places. We saw a lot of men in suits at Eleven 79, more casual at Bon Ton. I saw a young woman in dark jeans and a silk top at Eleven 79 but that was the only woman in jeans at either location that I saw.

The veal with crab special at Eleven 79 was great!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
192 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music & Dress help needed!

Thank you to both for the info. Looking so forward to the trip. Waiting anxiously for any info on the music questions. Thanks again!

4. Re: Music & Dress help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 05:26