We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

chicago
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

Just got a great deal on the Chateau Bourbon in a few weeks, and couldn't pass up the location...

But now I worry that it might be very loud. Anyone been there? Should I request any particular room location? I'm a light sleeper.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

Now a Wyndham, we stayed there two years ago when my daughter turned 18. First of all, it is close to the beginning of Bourbon Street so the noise should not be a real problem. To be on the safe side, we requested a second floor room, facing a beautiful courtyard. French doors opened out on this area from our room so we could enjoy coffee/wine out there in the mornings/evenings. In the summer months, the pool/bar area is open right around the corner on that same level. I remember the beds were wonderful..two queens with very tall ceilings and a nice size bathroom..a lovely New Orleans feel. This property is convenient to many restaurants within a few blocks. Red Fish Grill connects to the hotel, Palace Cafe is right around the corner on Canal St., Galatoire's is there on Bourbon with Deanie's, Acme, Felix's, etc. for more casual seafood.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

Howdy Summer,

Stayed there for Halloween 2009. On Halloween night, a Saturday, Bourbon St. was as active as it is the weekend before Fat Tuesday. Had to change rooms because our initial room air conditioning didn't work, causing an unassisted room move in the middle of the night (after we had been drinking [actually kind of funny]), and several of the elevators were out of order most of the time, but overall a pleasant stay considering the price.

Our rooms faced courtyards; we did not have any noise problem. The vast majority of the rooms face courtyards, Canal St., Iberville St. more than a 1/2 block from Bourbon, or Dauphine St. However, some rooms have balconies facing Bourbon St. (for which I believe they charge a premium) or face Iberville St. closer to Bourbon St. Not the noisiest part of Bourbon, but as I recall, there is a large country/western club on the Hotel's corner of Bourbon and Iberville.

When we were checking out another man was checking in. Apparently he had been originally assigned an Iberville St. facing room; they warned him of potential noise and asked if he would prefer another room. If you booked the room through the Hotel or Wyndam, I would bet you can request and receive a courtyard facing room. Even if you booked through a third party, I would guess you could receive a courtyard facing room upon request during check-in.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

Just ask the front desk when checking in for a quiet room. Or better yet, call/email in advance. Shouldn't be a problem unless you have such a discounted rate that no special requests are honored.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

Hubby and his friends stayed there for a guys trip a couple of years ago, they were on the first floor facing the street and he said it was really loud with club music well into the night and they could hear street noises in the mornings. He liked the location and said it was nice and clean though. Sometimes a killer deal and ear plugs work out well!

5. Re: Chateau Bourbon--Loud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 06:17