We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redmond, OR
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

We are having a tough time finding a hotel for our last night in New Orleans. Apparently there is a convention in town. Since we are catching an early plane out we are considering staying by the airport but wondering about how this area is. We are looking at the Comfort Inn in Saint Rose. Although there are some hotels in Kenner as well. Any thoughts on either of these areas for a night stay?

We are a mother and daughter traveling for a college tour so just need some place we will feel is safe and clean for the night.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

That's a desolate area W of the airport. I would stay at the IS at I 10 N of the airport at LaQuinta or Comfort Suites. There are 7/8 hotel in that area just N of the AP.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

I'd probably try the Crowne Plaza, Hilton or DoubleTree properties by the airport before I'd go to St. Rose.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

Our friends who travel a lot always stay at the Hilton across the street from the airport for an early morning flight.

Alabama
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

Just got back from a trip to NOLA and stayed at the Doubletree by the airport. It was very close, and very clean, great beds. Got a $40 a night rate from priceline name your price and was shocked at how nice it was.

Redmond, OR
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

Thanks to everyone for their input. It was really helpful,

6. Re: Staying in Saint Rose by the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 04:17