We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st weekend Jazzfest

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
100 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
1st weekend Jazzfest

Ok I need some ideas. We are arriving sat the 30th in the morning and have the entire day/night free other than going to acme oyster house for lunch.

Sunday May 1 we do cafe du monde and then we do jazzfest so that will be an all day affair after12pm with emphasis on Alejandro Sanz and John Legend for my girlfriend but free after that

Monday morning we do lunch at Cafe Reconcile but free the rest of say

1st time we will be going to NO and not the last but I need some dinner ideas ( hint I dont like wearing jackets, I wear them all day but once I'm out of the office I wont wear them again ). Also any other ideas would be much appreciated and anyone looking to meet up for drinks for any of the 3 days let us know.

Our best trips have been when we went out of the country and met new friends.

So any ideas no matter what they are will be greatly appreciated

Edited: 19 April 2011, 05:22
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st weekend Jazzfest

Hi MJ. My husband and I will be in NO the 1st weekend of Jazzfest also. Also attending the Fest on Sunday. First time for us as well. Arriving on the 29th and staying for a week. My husband won't bring a jacket either, but we are doing many of the more upscale restaurants for dinner. There are only 1-2 places that require jackets for dinner (Galatoire being one of them). Everything else a nice pair of pants/kahkis with polo/shirt would be fine. We have reservations for dinner at Mr. B's, Stella! and Emeril's with lunch/brunch reservations at Commander's Palace and Arnaud's.

Where are you and your girlfriend staying. We're at the Monteleone. We'd be open to meeting for drinks.

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
100 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st weekend Jazzfest

We are staying at the quality inn & suites downtown. Right near the french quarter. We only booked this a couple of days ago so our options were limited for the days we are coming. Mr B's sounds like a possibility for dinner. I'm going to do some more research for dinners.

Any music places to go to after dinner for drinks. I'd really like to here some cool music in some bars etc. I'll contact you later in the week about maybe meeting up for a drink

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st weekend Jazzfest

What kind of cool music do you like? Jazz, Blues, Rock, Zydeco? The FQ is full of live music, and Frenchmen Street is another possibility.

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
100 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st weekend Jazzfest

KC Kid We loves anything and everything. Wouldnt want to see any rock though. Jazz,blues and almost anything else. Just not rock

5. Re: 1st weekend Jazzfest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 00:19