We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swamp tours

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Swamp tours

What would be the best company to arrange a swamp tour? for pick up from my hotel in French Quarter? thanks for june

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swamp tours

I would go on Honey Island if you just want a swamp tour. They have the best swamp territory. But Plantation Adventures has a great plantation/swamp combo tour. They pick you up and go on two plantation tours then take you to a great restaurant overlooking Lake Pontchartrain for lunch. After lunch you go to a swamp tour close by. Good luck.

Honey Island Swamp Tour @ 41490 Crawford Road, Slidell, LA 985 - 641 - 1769.

http://www.honeyislandswamp.com/

www.plantationadventure.com/tour_details.php…

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swamp tours

World--I agree with Axle. Honey Island is great, cuz I have been there and done that! I think pick up, round trip from the hotel is $49.00 per person! Enjoy! The drive over the bridge is pretty groovy too!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swamp tours

I've used Cajun Encounters for my swamp tour, and everything was fine. They use mini buses to get you to and from, and I liked that because you're not squished into a passenger van. Much more comfy.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swamp tours

Honey Island, Cajun Encouters, Cajun Pride, Lafitte's...all great! Here's a link with discount coupons for three of the four:

www.neworleanscoupons.com/attractions.html

Cajun Pride discounts also but you have to book online:

http://www.cajunprideswamptours.com/

This link:

neworleansonline.com/assets/…coupons.pdf

also has Lafittes at $10 off PER PERSON! As well as many other great coupons to use! Hope you find them useful!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swamp tours

Hello all thanks for the feedback. I think what i really wanted to do was just the high speed boat in the swamp. I think its the air boat

I looked at tours by isbabelle and cajun encounters they offer trip for 95 bucks, is that accurate for a high speed boat trip? or can i go lower?

the high speed air boats do u get to see much or is it just a thrill of being there

as well if anyone can refer me to best company for the high speed air boat trip

thanks

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swamp tours

I would go with Isabelle. It's a reputable tour company. You would see more on a slow boat but you cover more ground on the air boat. They will slow down for you to catch an alligator. Good luck.

Tours by Isabelle @ 5163 General De Gaulle Drive, New Orleans, LA 504 - 398 - 0365.

http://www.toursbyisabelle.com/

Edited: 05 May 2011, 22:36
Slidell, LA
Level Contributor
11 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swamp tours

Sorry to say this but with an air boat tour, you are really going for the 'ride' not to see the wild life. If that is what you want - fine, just do not be upset when you do not see the wildlife. The noise & water movement WILL scare them away.

If you change your mind and want to see wildlife, take the 'slow boats' of Honey Island Swamp Tours.. where you see the wildlife, learn about their environment with plant life. An educational, fun and relaxing experience.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swamp tours

Thanks for the advice. I noticed some of the companies offer both options. i might do that

9. Re: Swamp tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:15