We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

I am one of those people who is never more certain than when they are dead a$$ wrong. InA1a said NOSOC was on St Louis, I was just sure it was on St Peter, so I walked us around a few blocks out of the way and we were already late. Walked in, tried to take our seats in a quiet manner, Oh H3LL No, Michael insisted we come line up in front of the class so he could taunt us a bit and threaten us with pot washing. All in good fun, and they had not eaten anything but biscuits yet, GREAT, because by now are all really hungry. DH and I had been to NOSOC for the same class before and knew it was fun, but we had not been to one of Michael’s classes. He is just the BOMB! Everything he says, and I learned some pearls from him, if funny. We laughed, ate, drank some beer and some lemonade and had a blast.

We were all getting a bit melancholy because it was the last day for Me & my DH. DH was in favor of going to hotel for a nap, Herm & Deny were lobbying for a stop at Pat O’Brien’s, inAia & DH said they were going too and I could not turn them down. Love MY Girlz! I talked DH into coming along for “just one.” I called myself planning to have a Diet Coke or a beer, but decided, with Deny’s help ; ) to have a Cat 5 Margarita instead, and then, uh, one more. Cannot say for sure if two or three. By now DH had heard all the whining about how sad it was ending and was ready to strike out for The Funky Pirate to see Mark Penton. InA1a & DH peeled off to stop by the hotel to drop stuff off before going to FP and I went with Herm & Deny to taste the infamous Peanut Butter Burger at Yo Mama’s. I had mixed emotions, curios but sort of grossed out by the idea. Well, it was great and so are the baked potatoes. We all headed out to Funky Pirate and were shortly joined by InA1a & DH. Again, hard to explain how much fun it was. Mark was nothing short of fabulous. Deny & I were both hoarse from singing and hooting and hollering. Complete Blast. As always, it ended too soon. Herm & Deny did not last to the very end as they were tired. InA1a & DH, Me & DH all hung til the end and then were hungry. We decided on Clover Grill as it was on the way. Bourbon Street was crowded and off we went through the crowd with arms locked, bemoaning the fact that it was all but over. Suddenly she stopped short and had a frightened look on her face. I turned and saw one of those “only in N’awlins,” characters. He was a rather diminutive drag queen in full our Dominatrix get up and had a bull whip in his hand. I have a terrible problem controlling myself when I think something is funny and I shrieked in laughter. I told InA1a, “He won’t hit us.” Ah, there I go again being certain when I am certainly wrong…… Crack, he whacks InA1a across the a$$. “Ow,! “ She screamed, I was laughing hysterically and here he comes for me, Crack! D4mn, it did hurt, but not enough to make me stop laughing. DH was fumbling for his camera, also laughing and that really fired our character up, he came at my DH screaming, “Don’t pull that $hit on me B3otch!” I think he got a couple of cracks. Needless to say, it hurried our trip down the street. Mark Penton and his lovely SO had come down to Clover Grill to eat too and we told him about it. He laughed and knew immediately who it was. While he told me the character’s name, I guess I will keep it confidential, although I am not sure I owe that to someone who whipped me on the street. BTW, we had Bleu Cheese Burgers, Fries & Tater Tots and it was really good. Said our sad goodbyes to Mark & SO and headed to hotel. We made one last stop at Candy Bar for Bourbon flavored Fudge and found some Sour Cream & Onion flavored Crickets for the grandkids. We were pretty sure they did not already have some.

L8tr!

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

OMG that is too funny! And you are right. Only in New Orleans.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

The idea of a peanut butter burger kind of grosses me out too, but I am a peanut butter addict and a burger addict, so I absolutely have to try the combo next time we are there. As bcla says, so many things are "only in NOLA" LOL!

Karen

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

O. M. G.!!!

That is a riot for sure! DH and I were on Bourbon Sunday night, I think. But I'm *pretty sure* he was not in drag and doesn't know how to wield a whip.

;-)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

One of our precious Flok members who was already gone said if he had hit her she would have been still kicking his a$$ when the cops arrived. LMAO

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

now that HAD to be 6380!!! So glad you enjoyed Michael as much as we ALWAYS do! He truly is the BOMB!!! Cosin from San Fran went to shop there a few days after the class and told him she had been trying gumbo around the city (including Mr. B's) but NOTHING beat his and he "set the bar" She bought all the ingredients to try it herself! She's "on the wheeel" about his gumbo (we'll have to tell you all about "the whheel" later!!! Hysterical!)

Sorry Den and I petered out, but as it was our 6th day and we get up at 5 or 6 every morning...the nights get shorter as time goes on, especially with all the drinking we do!

Still laughing over the Dominatrix story (have been since you told us the next morning) DID DH get pictures of it????? :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

KC--I simply cannot tell tell you how much I adored you and DH! Thank you both soooooo much for getting me into the Funky Pirate to see Mark Penton. I tell you folks if you like good music and even just a bit of a blues fan this guy will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! He is extremely talented and such a real person that he makes it fun for you to watch him! I screamed myself horse and I still haven't gotten my complete voice back. He was sooooo worth it though! Thanks again KC for letting me share that experience! He ROCKS!

Michael at The School Of Cooking is amazing. He knew he could have some fun with you because all of our friends are like his friends too. Cousin Audrey still liked his gumbo best! You'll have to make it up to Innagada because she was right about the location :)

It was great sharing that PB burger with you too at Yo Mama's. They kinda sound like they may not be too good...but they sure are! Everyone should have one at least once!

The Dominatrix story still makes me laugh. Ya gotta love New Orleans!!!!!

Edited: 21 May 2011, 17:33
Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

We loved you too Deny, it was such a blast. Awesome that almost everyone just seemed to click. With a group that size it is amazing that most were very compatible.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

KC--I'm still blown away with how easy it was to connect with some of our flock and become BFF's. Only 351 days till May 8, 2012!!!!! Can we make it till then?????

:)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

Won't be Flokin easy, I know that much

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday, The Flokin Sequel

until then, we'll just continue to "plan"...makes the time go faster!