We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Looking for New Orleans Hotel - One Bedroom Suite

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! Looking for New Orleans Hotel - One Bedroom Suite

Hi,

I will be staying in New Orleans with my husband and 2 year old in June for 3 nights. We would like a clean, quiet and safe hotel within walking distance to the french quarter.

I have found several hotels that seem to offer one-bedroom suites (which we need so our little one can have a dark quiet room to himself), but they are either N/A for the dates we want or too expensive ($150+).

We will have a car, so since we'll probably be paying $20+ per night to park, we'd like to find something at around $100 or so.

The French Quarter Suites Hotel looks good, but there was a post on here about it being in a high crime area (for druggies and tourist murderers). Also, Staybridge Suites looks good, but a little out of our price range.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Paula

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Looking for New Orleans Hotel - One Bedroom Suite

I booked the Drury Suites after doing more searching here. For some reason, when looking on expedia and travelocity and hotels.com, they never show the one-bedroom suites, so lots of hotels had them, they just aren't sold by these on-line services. I had to book directly with the hotel chain on-line.

Looks like a great place (hot breakfast included and a separate room for my toddler!) at only $89 per night and cheap self-parking at $13. What a find!

If anyone can recommend something better, I am still open to a change.

Thanks!

Paula

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Looking for New Orleans Hotel - One Bedroom Suite

A suite for $89? And $13 parking! Sounds like a deal to me. The Drury isn't in the most convenient location but the price is certainly good.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Looking for New Orleans Hotel - One Bedroom Suite

The Drury is nice. Your rates, hotel & parking, sound great. My son stayed there and paid $200+ a night. They have a daily snack bar that is complementry (or they did) that your son (and you) may enjoy. The street car runs just out side the hotel. It is an attraction in itself. They have a $5 pass that is good all day for all of the street cars. That will take a load off of the walking. It will take you the 3 or 4 blocks to the French Quarter & back.