We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do this weekend on evenings

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
What to do this weekend on evenings

What places to go to this weekend in New Orleans. So what places are best hopping this coming weekend for an evening out.

Is only Bourbon Street the area to check out only?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

wt...depends on what you want! You can walk Bourbon 1/2 the night and it's hopping EVERYWHERE!

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

www.offbeat.com Great site to check out who's playing and where. On bourbon St some of my favorite spots are the Tropical Isle, 4 locations, Funky Pirate, Krazy Korner. In the Marigny DBA, Spotted Cat, Apple Barrel. Howl at the Moon dueling piano bar also fun. Younger set likes Razoos, Beach Club, Bourbon Blues Co, Bourbon Cowboy.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

If you like Dixieland type jazz, Maison Bourbon is my favorite. Fritzel's is also very good. They are both on Bourbon, not far from each other.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
10,897 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

"Hopping" areas within and within walking distance of the French Quarrter, in addition to Bourbon St., include lower Decatur St. (across from the French Market and close to Esplanade Ave.), and Frenchmen St. (between Decatur St. and Royal St.). However, there are also other particular spots within the French Quarter; check the various music and event listings.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

My picks: friday night, Paul Sanchez at Chickie Wah Wah (Canal St, easy streetcar ride) or Kermit Ruffins at the Blue Nile (Frenchmen St)

Saturday night: John Boutte at dba (Frenchmen St), Beatin Path at Carrolton Station (Uptown),

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

Funky Pirate, 727 Bourbon for Blues

Sadly for you, my favorite New Orleans Bluesman, Mark Penton is not there this weekend. As we speak he is winging his way to Kansas City, yeah!

Anyone in the area who would like to hear him on June 4, I am the info!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

DO try to see John Boutte! He is wonderful, and dba was one of my favorite venues.

If you do, get there EARLY and get up front, as he sings rather quietly and the crowd tends to get loud in the back, making it difficult to hear him.

Kermit Ruffins was a blast, as well. And though i never saw Paul Sanchez, I know he writes for/with John Boutte and Kermit, so he's gotta be great.

Albertville, Alabama
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

John is great and I'd add him to the list, but then again, so is Paul and Kermit and Mark and.....the list goes on and on. Now I know one of the many reasons why I need to LIVE in New Orleans.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

Go to the Davenport Lounge on the 4th floor of the Ritz Carlton on Thursday/Friday/Saturday and listen to Jeremy Davenport's oustanding jazz. He's on at 9 PM on Friday/Saturday but earlier on Thursday. Good luck.

10. Re: What to do this weekend on evenings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:16