We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Great pics nan! And you're not a newbie anymore. So when is your next trip?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Great pictures Nannager. What's the very first one. Is that a B&B. What's the name of that place. Thanks.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Nann--Thanks for sharing all of those fantastic pictures! You and Gerry look like such sweethearts! I watched them as a slide show, and they were great! Thanks again!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

GREAT pics, nann...what WAS that huge-assed dessert??? Where did you get it? Watching your slideshow was like revisiting for the first time...OMG, I wanna be in NOLA soooooo much! Thank you for sharing your pics...you ARE coming back in May 2012, right?????????

Omaha, Nebraska
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

I LOVED looking through your pics!! I will be going for the first time next month! This just made me more excited! Thanks for sharing!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Incredible pictures, thanks for sharing!

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Great pics Nann! Thank you for sharing them! I especially love the ones @ Muriel's and in the swamp.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Awesome pictures, Nann. :) Your room looks so beautiful, and with cool views, too. I see you took way more pictures of just the French Quarter streets, signs, etc than I did, I wish I had taken more (well, next time :) ).

I too would like to know where that Big A** Desert was and what exactly it was. Looks yummy!!!

Do you have some smudge on your camera's sensor, or did your lens fog right in the middle? I'm talking about the "foggy" spot, like in the picture of the Steamboat Natchez you can see it on the letter "C", or in one of the pictures of your room it's visible against the dark curtains. Just bringing this to your attention, because if this wasn't temporary fogginess, then either the sensor or hopefully just the lens may need cleaning.... I actually had a problem several times with lenses fogging up from the ambient humidity, luckily just on the outside.

The gator you guys got to hold was larger than ours, but I'm not sure how I feel about that black tape round its mouth. Since ours was smaller, the guide was just temporarily holding the mouth while we were placing the thumb and index finger round the neck and once the person has "collared" the gator with their fingers, the guide was letting go.

Mmmmm.... and so many yummy looking drinks that I didn't get to taste and now am looking forward to for next time. *drool*

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing, it was a pleasure to view them all. :)

Ga
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

Thanks so much for sharing, nan!! Your pics were wonderful and made me miss New Orleans so much I could just cry.

Today at work, a co-worker was asking where she could get a "really good" random food item, and I was trying to think where to send her. I could think of a dozen places in New Orleans, but none locally. How sad is that? My boss happened to be walking by at the time, and she (very snarkily) said "How would she know, she spends more time in New Orleans than here." Yep, I'm on the earn-to-burn personal leave time program...as soon as I have enough time saved, it's time to go back to NOLA.

Just let me win the lottery or something and I'll do my boss a solid and move here...but she will NOT be on the guest-list! Never been to New Orleans and wouldn't "get" it if she did...not Flok material at all!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nola Newbie Photos - July 3rd to 8th

oh, then your boss is OUT, cerelife! LOL! Sounds like a beeatch anyway! Like you, I can think of tons of places in NOLA..here, I never eat out...

Rodent, one of those yummy drinks that nann couldn't name (the blue one in the glass that says "I Love NO" is Voodoo Juice from Chartres House Cafe. You get to keep the glass too!!!