We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out door swimming pool club / bar

nj
Level Contributor
733 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Out door swimming pool club / bar

Is there an out door pool bar with drinks and food in new orleans? I heard of one on frenchman but cant seem to find it.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Last trip, (early July), we stayed at The Bourbon Orleans. They had a bar and grill at the pool. Nothing fancy, but they were cooking burgers and definitely had drinks.

The Royal Sonesta also has a bar at the pool, although it seemed to me that they were not always open. Also I don't remember food there except when they did something special like a crawfish boil.

I expect that the bigger hotels like Omni Royal and Monteleone may also have bars and food at the pool, I haven't stayed in them so can't say for sure.

Don't know of one on Frenchmen.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Not on Frenchmen, but there's a place on 634 Louisa St. called The Country Club. I've not been there, so I can't comment on it. Frenchmen Orleans at 519 Frenchmen has an outdoor pool and BBQ grills.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Monteleone has a pool bar that also serves food.

Bedford Heights...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

The places that you guys names, are you able to go to the pool bars and not stay at those hotels or do you have to be guests of the hotels?

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Virgo--The Omni has a pool on the top floor with a bar. Very nice and you can go up there and have a drink at least. I think you have to be staying at the pool to use it though!

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

I believe you have to have a room key to get to the Monteleone pool. As mentioned, the Royal Sonesta pool bar is not always open. The pool at the Bourbon Orleans is a courtyard pool and has very little room around it and I believe the drinks are served from the inside bar. The OMNI pool bar is open to everyone, is on the top floor and offers a great view of the Quarter and the river. The Country Club pool bar....some nudity..and is open to everyone.

Bedford Heights...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Great thanks for the info Deny and SKT!! :)

nj
Level Contributor
733 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Thanks for the info. The country club is what I was thinking of. But it would be nice to know if I could go in the pool of these other places if we were drinking at the bar.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

Chris--My guess is probably not. I imagine you have to be a guest in that hotel to use their pool. They don't want people off the street using the pool because there are liabilities in case of accidents. A drink at the bar though--no problem.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,547 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Out door swimming pool club / bar

"A drink at the bar though--no problem."

I think they meant to have a drink at the "pool bar" versus the regular hotel bar? Most places restrict the pool area to guests, including the pool bar.