We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,260 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast

who has the best breakffast in nola? we have plans already for the camelia grill...but need more suggestions from traditonal to fancy to local, to just plain good..HELP! i need guidance

New York
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast

everyone was just chatting about this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k470036…

My favorite is Clover Grill!!!

The thread is on page 2!!!

Mentioned in this post
Clover Grill
Clover Grill
901 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast

bbq - Daisy Dukes for a huge, cheap early bird breakfast. Red Gravy for the best food going. Personal fave is "the Bruce".

Mentioned in this post
Red Gravy
Red Gravy
768 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast

BBQ--I have to give my vote to The Old Coffee Pot! Great, great breakfast, always perfect! The added attraction are the servers. They have all been there for YEARS and they like to have fun with you! I love that place for breakfast. And my other fav place for breakfast is Stanley's who do an awesome eggs benedict po-boy.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast

yes, definitely check the link of axle's that debde gave you...and you'll find a TON of great recommendations there!

Edited: 06 August 2011, 14:09
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast

Stanley's is upscale on Jackson Square, Old Coffee Pot is in FQ open for breakfast, lunch or dinner with outdoor dining, Camellia Grill is outstanding in FQ, Surrey's in LGD near St. Charles, Ruby Slipper on Magazine in CBD and Trolley Stop Cafe.

Trolley Stop Cafe @ 1923 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 504 - 523 - 0090.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson Square
Jackson Square
12,755 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
The Camellia Grill
The Camellia Grill
1,046 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast

EAT ....corner of Dauphine/Dumaine. It is BYOB. I always take a bottle of champagne and buy oj there. OR, bring a great Bloody Mary from Good Friends on St. Ann. I like EAT much better than Stanley...much quieter while eating.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
6,929 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast

Sunday Jazz Brunch at Buffa's (1001 Esplanade, just outside FQ) or the Blue Plate Cafe (closed Sunday) at 1330 Prytania in the Garden District (take the trolley).

Mentioned in this post
Blue Plate Cafe
Blue Plate Cafe
98 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
149 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast

Stanley is seriously one of the best breakfasts I have ever had... Dh had pancakes with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream and cane syrup, I had creole potatoes and some kind of eggs benedict on toasted french bread and we both had mimosas! Oh soo yummy! Those potatoes were spicy, but man, they were something special!!! Can't wait to have them again! :)

This was not a greasy spoon sort of place, but not a dressed up in sunday best sort of place either. There were linens on the table, but we just showed up in shorts etc, and were not underdressed.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,277 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast

My favorite is Clover Grill on Bourbon - they make the best omelettes I have ever eaten, and the staff is also usually very entertaining!

Mentioned in this post
Clover Grill
Clover Grill
901 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
10. Re: Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 20:15