We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurant?

kentucky
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which restaurant?

My 16 year old daughter and I are going to Nola in October. We need advice from locals about restaurants. We have eaten at Gallatoires in the past and will eat there again. What other "big name" restaurants should we try this time?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
554 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurant?

I'm not a local, but i feel like it....I loved August, a John Besh restaurant. They have a great $20 lunch special.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which restaurant?

Commander's Palace, Stella, Bayona, Emeril's.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which restaurant?

Commander's Palace, Mr. B's Bistro.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which restaurant?

Commander's, Bayona, Antoine's,Irene's, Stella, NOLA,Pelican Club....

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which restaurant?

Antoine's does a great lunch special ($20.11 for 3 courses), and is the oldest restaurant in the city and one of the oldest in the US...

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which restaurant?

Antoine's and Mr. B's and Muriel's

Florida
Level Contributor
644 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which restaurant?

Not a big name but a very, very good restaurant for lunch or dinner, The Bon Ton Cafe. We love going there for lunch. It's always packed with locals at lunch, so go early. Check out their menu on web site: www.thebontoncafe.com

Tennessee
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which restaurant?

Crystal- Where is August? Thanks

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which restaurant?

August is across the street from The Windsor Court Hotel on Tchoupitoulas a block W of Canal. Go for lunch. John Besh also owns Domenica and Luke. Go for their 3/6 PM happy hour half price drinks, half price pizza at Domenica and 50 cent oysters at Luke.

I second Bon Ton but it's not open on weekends. My favorite NOLA restaurants are Galatoire's, Bayona, Emeril's, Tommy's, Delmonico's and Stella.

If you have time to visit Uptown go to Clancy's.

http://www.restaurantaugust.com/

Arkansas
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which restaurant?

I have taken my teenage daughter the last two years to NOLA and she enjoyed eating at Cafe Du Monde of course, and Cafe Amalie. An outdoor cafe that is great! Also if you are going to be there on a Thurs. nite. you should take her to the Rock and Bowl. You need a reservation though, or a bowling lane wont be open til late. They have free zydeco band on thurs nites and bowling and it is a blast. We arrived without a reservation last year and were told it would be 10 pm before any lanes opened up and told us to make a reservation a couple days in advance next time. We also shopped on Magazine St. - My daughter loves vintage clothes and we spent half a day in the Buffalo Exchange. Also Sucre is on MAgazine not too far from Buffalo Exchange and is great for iced coffees and desserts.

Edited: 24 August 2011, 16:34