We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are here!!!

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
149 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
We are here!!!

Train ride on the City of

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
149 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are here!!!

Oopsss!! Hahah!! Train ride on the City of New orleans was great! Started out 15 minutes late, but ended up being 30 minutes early! Checked into Inn on Bourbon with no problems. Got a beautiful courtyard view!! Ate at Napoleon House in a cozy nook for two, had SEVERAL Pimms cups... Which is prolly why I messwd up my post. Lol. Walked down royal and heard "aint no sunshine" ... One of my faves!! Sitting at Lafittes enjoying a hurricane right now! Life is good!

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We are here!!!

Ahh, that's great, Laura! Enjoy every moment! Try a purple voodoo drink (grape slushy style drink) at Lafitte's too...yum! Have a wonderful trip...I look forward to reading any other updates you have time to post live!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are here!!!

Enjoy your trip. Did you watch the Hogs play. Go Hogs.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are here!!!

Sounds like a beautiful start to a great trip. Pimm's Cup- yum!

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We are here!!!

we are all so jealous. real time trip reports are so fun.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are here!!!

Thanks for getting back to us so fast, Laura, and remembering us even in spite of being in state of blissful Pimmscupization. :D

I am yet to visit Napoleon House, but the Pimm's Cup (which - as in your case - turned into two) I had at NOLA was my favourite drink of the trip back in June and I regularly have Mr Rodent make me one at home since then. :)

Have lots of fun and I'm looking forward to your next check-in. :)

Level Contributor
277 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We are here!!!

Have fun! I finally tried a Napolean House Pimm's Cup, and even though I don't like a lot of gin drinks, I really liked it. I can see that being a summertime regular drink for me now.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We are here!!!

Sounds like a great start to your trip! I have always wanted to take the City of New Orleans from out hometown to New Orleans but haven't been able to talk my husband into it yet. One of these days......

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We are here!!!

Mmmmm, Napoleans's Pimm's Cup.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We are here!!!

Laura--Great that you arrived safely and have a great room! Looking forward to your real live updates! Have a super time! Aren't those Pimm's Cup delicious? I don't like gin at all, but I loved that drink and the Ramos Gin Fizz! Can't wait for more! What are you doing today?????