We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Arena

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans Arena

Which hotels would be the closest distance to the New Orleans arena?? And, would you recommend a particular one?? Are there any within walking distance?? Also any recommendations of restaurants or other attractions in the arena area would be helpful. I have never been to New Orleans and I have no idea what the different areas are like. Also how close would it be to Bourbon Street and/or French Quarter? I know I am asking a lot of questions but any info for a first timer would be helpful. Thanks!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans Arena

The closest hotel is the Hyatt - it's right next to the arena and the Dome. There's not a lot of restaurants and entertainment in the immediate area, but the New Orleans downtown is fairly compact - you can easily walk to the arena from the Quarter in 15 minutes or so. There are numerous restaurants in the Central Business District (CBD) and of course in the Quarter.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans Arena

Glitter -The NO Arena is right next to the Super Dome. Depending on how you define "walking distance," I would cautiously say that it is within walking distance to most hotels in the FQ. At least for Saints games, there is an enormous crowd of people walking from the FQ area to the Dome - which is basically the beginning of the party, and a safe walk. If you are not comfortable with the distance, it would be a very short cab ride. Cabs are plentiful and relatively inexpensive in NOLA. Put the United Cab number in your cell phone and it will be useful your whole trip.

I would suggest you pick your hotels by reading the other posts on the website, or do a separate post with the kind of hotel and price range you are looking for - and not plan your hotel selection around being close to the Arena.

Enjoy!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans Arena

If you don't choose the Hyatt which is next door I would get a room in the FQ. Le Marais, Provincial, St. Marie, Dauphine Orleans, Place D Armes and Monteleone are good choices. Domenica, Luke, Lil Dizzy's, Bon Ton, Red Gravy and Grand Isle are nice places to eat in the CBD. Go to Tommy's or Emeril's for fine dining. Enjoy your visit.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans Arena

It's really rather boring in the CBD when you're looking for something to do outside of whatever event you're attending at the Arena. There are a couple of new sports bars close by and a few restaurants as Axle listed, but not much as far as tourist excitement goes.

We've walked from the Quarter to the Dome or Arena many times. Stay on the main drag of Poydras and you'll be in a crowd of people. Heck, even for a Journey concert last September, we were walking among hundreds of people going to and leaving the concert. It's about a mile walk depending on where you're at in the Quarter.

I do hear the Hyatt is nice since they reopened though, so if you're not into walking and want to cab it from there to better entertainment spots or cab it to the Arena from a French Quarter hotel, it would be pretty inexpensive.

5. Re: New Orleans Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:17