We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getaroom website

Muscat
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
getaroom website

I've booked 2 rooms in Mandeville hotel in London for this upcoming Christmas holiday from 24th December until 3rd January via getaroom website...honestly a painful experienced. getaroom has fully charged my account for the entire stay upon the confirmation of receiving my booking. On the website it clearly stated " Internet access - Free in the room". But upon receiving the confirmation from getaroom there's nothing mention about the internet, only rooms!!! When we checked back with them we even send them the link of their website under the room amenities, they said flatly NO to it. And now they send me another email asking me to confirm our reservation (after they had fully charged the entire stay onto my account) or else they will cancel the booking??? What the hell???? Is that normal??? Seriously...

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getaroom website

You've posted in the New Orleans, Louisiana forum. I think it may have directed you here because of the city Mandeville, Louisiana which is right outside of New Orleans. Maybe Trip Advisor will be able to move your post.

Good luck.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getaroom website

Getaroom.com is a waste of your time. STAY CLEAR AWAY FROM IT

You might find cheap rooms.

But it took me 60 minutes to makea reservation, I would have stopped but I would get anerror message and tried to rebook.

I finally called and found out 5 reservations had been made though error messages would flash.

No emails received though I registered.

Then customer care took about 60 minutes to resolve? I hope the problem

The agent gave me a wrong confirmation number.

this site is a Mess

Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: getaroom website

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY !!!!!

I have had an absolutely HORRIBLE experience with Getaroom.com.

Getaroom.com tried to charge me 3 times for a room that I did not get. I checked my online statements the following day. It happened when i tried to book a room in one hotel and received an error message showing room is no longer available!

Getaroom.com made unauthorized charges to my credit card! I contacted them to resolve the issue, but until now I am still waiting for the rest of my money.

Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getaroom website

By the way, don't expect a symphatic person from getaroom.com because they are plain rude, will tell you to talk to your bank because they can't help you.

i have to force them to resolve this issues because i did not authorize them to charge my credit card. so everyone, BEWARE!!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getaroom website

Booked a room in Las Vegas through Getaroom, which was a one night stay that required pre-payment. Upon arrival the hotel staff ignored us and then argued with us for a total of 1 ½ hours that we did not have a reservation. We had the printed confirmation; the girl took it, left, never came back and then the other staff member said she had given it back. They would also not give us the wi-fi password to get into our email to look up the confirmation or phone number (since they had STOLEN our copy!) Luckily, I had another printed copy (was travelling with my sister so we each had everything printed out). We had to call Getaroom ourselves and got right through; Getaroom confirmed that not only did we have a reservation and to give the hotel an additional “internal” number, but that the hotel had already charged us $100 for incidentals that morning before we even got there! The hotel staff refused to allow us to speak to a manager, someone else supposedly in charge walked by and brushed us off saying, “oh, it looks like it’s being handled,” and walked away before we could protest (we were watching our luggage and did not want to lose our place in line and could not chase after him). I finally told the hotel staff, “look, I’ll make this easy for you. You either get a manager out here right NOW to settle this in the next 5 minutes or we’re going to get a taxi somewhere else and report you as fraud.” The hotel staff pointed to the taxi phone and said go ahead. My sister and I took a taxi somewhere else and about 45 minutes later Getaroom called and said that someone had found us a room so there would be no refund and we were supposed to take a taxi BACK and start the process again. No way! They had every opportunity to fix it when we were there and we’re not paying to take a taxi back and hope that it isn’t another scam (all they’d have to say is oh, that person’s shift ended, we don’t know anything about it and still deny us). We would never use this service again as once they have your money there is no recourse if something goes wrong, and we would never stay at the Days Inn Wild West Gambling Hall in Las Vegas again. I suspect when it is a prepaid one night reservation the scam is that they take your money, then sell the same room to someone else, make double, and then say the customer canceled with no notice, hence getting a profit both ways. Well, luckily, the credit card looked into it, admitted it is fraudulent, gave us a refund, and that means that Getaroom and the hotel will have the charges reversed and not get a dime. Good!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getaroom website

I may be old fashioned but I ALWAYS book thur an agent.......I do all my research on-line but when the time comes to book I let them do it. If there should be any issues I let them deal with it.

Grand Rapids...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getaroom website

I booked a room in a Phoenix hotel where my wife and I stayed on previous special occasions through Getaroom.com almost 2 months ahead of time. Plenty of rooms were available on the hotel's site, but Getaroom offered a better price. When I called the hotel the day before our arrival, they had no record of our reservation. The hotel (Royal Palms Resort and Spa) called Getaroom and discovered that they had never booked a reservation there, but had made alternate arrangements in another hotel that I was not familiar with. They had never contacted us, and we wouldn't have known about the change until we arrived at the Royal Palms. I cancelled the reservation, and am insisting on a refund of the cancellation fee--one night charge--as they did not complete their side of the contract. I would strenuously recommend against a booking agent that does not make the promised reservation.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: getaroom website

Horrible experience!!! Getaroom is a scam and I just wonder how come they are still in business? wish I had read reviews before booking with them. We were going to Hearst Castle and I booked a room through their website. When we got there, receptionist told us that they have no vacancies, nothing in their records shows that a room was booked on my name and that they NEVER heard about this company, nor EVER any room was given/booked by getaroom.com. We wasted over an hour while a hotel manager was trying to help us... I contacted getaroom yesterday, was offered NO APOLOGIES, spoke with someone named Victor who told me that he can't reach anyone in a hotel (a lie! anytime I call - the hotel's receptionist answers right away). This Victor promised to call me back same day after he talks to a hotel's receptionist. He never did! Now I wasted another half hour on the phone to find out that: after they will confirm with a hotel, it will take another 7-10 days to take the charge off my credit card. Asked their supervisor to contact me, will see how long it will take..This is the worst experience with booking I ever had.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getaroom website

I have personally never used Getaroom, and frankly from all the horror stories I've heard I doubt that I ever will.

I always (95% of the time) try to book directly with a hotel. The advantages are 1. you can request a specific type/location/style of room. 2. They generally have a liberal cancellation policy (24-48 hrs in advance of stay), which I have had to use a time or two. 3. There will be no mixup at check in time, since you have the actual hotel conf#, not some make believe one.

Two main objections to any booking site:

1. Pay in advance

2. No cancellation policy - NO REFUNDS

It's Getaroom - RUN AWAY!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: getaroom website

For me it took 24 hrs before the hotel receives the reservation. I was leery at first until the hotel confirms it