We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking question (French Quarter)

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
275 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Parking question (French Quarter)

We will be driving over to New Orleans Saturday before the BCS title game. We'd like to park around the French Quarter so we can walk around Bourbon Street and the Square.

Where is the easiest/safest public parking spot close to the French Quarter? We would be arriving around 10:30am and leaving that night. Thanks for your help!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

take a look at www.premiumparking.com

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

Here's a link to parking in the FQ. There are a couple of garages on Iberville that are convenient. Here's a link to comparing parking rates also. Enjoy your visit.

PARKING...................

frenchquarter.com/maps/parking6lots.pdf

PARKING AT FRENCH MARKET....

http://www.frenchmarket.org/map-directions/

PARKING RATES……….

http://neworleans.bestparking.com/

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
275 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

Thank you both!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

apparently parking at the amtrak station (1 mile from the FQ) is cheap (like 5 bucks?)... can anyone confirm?

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

I was there after Thanksgiving and found two cheap lots on Canal about two-three blocks past Rampart from the quarter. The one I parked in was $2/day, surprisingly. It was fenced and there were attendants when I was there. The only problem was the night-time walk. Scary in a word. Still with a cab ride it beats the $37 I paid earlier in the year at the Royal Orleans garage. I also recently parked free in the Marigny on the street on Chartres I think, for several days and that worked out real well. It's an easy and safer walk to the quarter, but not at all convenient to the Superdome.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

Forgive me if I'm somewhat hijacking the thread, but it is a parking related question.

I'm thinking of staying in the downtown area while on a road trip. As such, I need a place to leave the car but the hotel lot is quoting $31/day, which sounds pretty insane to me. That said, I realize in downtown areas parking fees are likely a necessary evil but would like to get the cost down if possible. I have found a Premium Parking lot for $15/day.

Anyway, is the area of St. Joseph and Magazine reasonably safe for leaving the vehicle in a surface lot? What about walking up Magazine towards Poydras? I'm not a shrinking violet, so I'm okay if the neighborhood isn't pretty. I just don't to be a target in a neighborhood. Thoughts appreciated.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

You can park for free at Harrah's with 30 minutes of play. You need to get a Player's Card from the Total Rewards desk and have it in the machine when gambling. After 30 minutes you can swipe your card at a machine next to the theatre and it will spit out a validated parking ticket. We did it last time we were there and actually won $200 while trying to earn our free parking plus free cocktails was another bonus!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

St. Jo and Magazine is safe in the day time. I would not walk around that area at night. Premium has some $15/$18 a night lots closer to Canal. There's one at 336 S Rampart but I would not walk around there at night either. They have a couple that are $20/night closer to the FQ. There's one on Iberville that's perfect. Spend an extra $5 and be safe. Enjoy your trip.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

The best parking rate link is the best parking link. Put in your arrival date and departure date and times at the top and click on calculate rates. A map with locations will come up with rates listed. Good luck.

http://neworleans.bestparking.com/

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking question (French Quarter)

We do the same as ibirie..park at harrahs and use our total rewards card. We would have to Pay to park at a lot so we just play the slots for 1/2 hour and have the fun of playing and having a few free drinks..and we have even won money a few times.