We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mark Penton's New CD is here!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mark Penton's New CD is here!

My fav New Orleans band has a new CD, aptly titled "We Only Drink at Work."

www.facebook.com/markandthepentones?ref=ts

We were there the day the live recording was being done and it was a fabulous show. Have heard a couple of cuts as the mixing was done and it got better and better.

Wish we were in NOLA this afternoon at The Funky Pirate. It will go on sale for the first time. In a few days I expect it will also be available at The Tropical Isle gift store.

Can't wait to get done there NYE to get some copies for myself and my friends. Wish it had been ready when I was there last, would have been in all the Christmas baskets I made for friends.....sigh

There is always next year

Edited: 23 December 2011, 13:52
Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

D*mn, I'll bet today will be a fantastic fun time to be at the Funky Pirate. Hope Mark's sales fly out the door!!!

Happy Friday and Christmas weekend, KCK!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

KC.... I was there that too so I cannot wait to hear it!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

Oh that's right! I remember that now. Next time please say Hello

When is your next trip?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

Seems like FP is the place to be this week-end. I saw that Al Carson is doing a special xmas show tommorow night, xmas eve! It good for the tourist, something to do tommorow night, but I feel bad for the people who have to work. I mean, it's xmas eve. Everybody needs a night off. :)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

I'll bet Mark's CD is awesome! Hopefully he'll have a great show and even better CD sales!!!!!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

I hope so too Deny, if St James Infirmary made the final cut I will send you one.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

I picked up from Al Carson their new CD...3 Phat Catz and 1 Skinny Dogg...really nice blues and R&B since we are on a topic of new CD's.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

Did you know that a few of the songs on Al Carson's last CD were written by Mark Penton?

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

KC--Now you KNOW I have my fingers crossed on that one! I hope Mark sells TONS of CD's! He is so talented and so much fun to watch! The guy is a doll and I'm looking forward to seeing him again in May!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mark Penton's New CD is here!

LOL, I'm loving the title of the CD :D

Hope you managed to sneak in some "audience sounds" that you will be able to recognize on the CD, KCK and Lynch (if it were me, I would have no doubt gone "squeeeeak!" and hoped the squeak makes it to the CD). :-P