We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with a bar question

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
need help with a bar question

What bar has the inflatable shark you can ride....Gary is feeling adventurous....Lol...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need help with a bar question

i need this information as well... also, are there any other bars that have crazy things to do? bull riding, extreme food (super hot wings) or anything else that's out there????

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help with a bar question

Yes, the Bourbon Cowboy and the Bourbon Cowboy 2 both have mechanical bulls to ride. I think "The Beach" may be the place with the mechanical/inflated whale or shark thing!....Happy riding!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need help with a bar question

crap... i have to start training with the old thigh master today!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need help with a bar question

confirmed that The Beach on Bourbon has a whale you can ride

Edited: 24 December 2011, 20:22
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need help with a bar question

hmmm... after reading multiple reviews about both spots... i probably will skip them.... but you never know...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need help with a bar question

Hey.... I didn't say I recommended going there, I was just providing the names... lol:) ...... Not really my cup of tea either, but last summer we brought newbies to Nola and one of them insisted on riding that darn thing!...... You may find that after a few tasty cold ones the bull, as well as other Bourbon St shananagans, suck you in!!!..... Just go with it , as it happens to the best of us.... Even after many return trips...... Oh the stories I could tell about that wonderful city:)

Mentioned in this post
Nola Restaurant
Nola Restaurant
3,344 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: need help with a bar question

Bahahaha.... Agreed. I'll never say never.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help with a bar question

While not really my kind of place either, when I visited the Beach the first time they had a great local band in the early evening. Female lead vocalist had a great Janis Joplin / Tina Turner voice. Guy singers were not nearly as good, but we did go back and hear her twice on that trip.

9. Re: need help with a bar question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:21