We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Topic
Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

Which do you think is the better hotel? I'm familiar with the area so that is not a concern.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

There are several Marriott's but the two big boys are JW and the Marriott on Canal. Stay at the JW. Renaissance Arts on Tchoupitoulas is nice. I'm not familiar with the RPM. But JW is best of all. Enjoy your visit.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,605 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

I'm going to assume you mean the Marriott on Canal Street. It's a better location than the Pere Marquette imo. I've stayed at both places and would stay at either one again. Both have fairly small standard rooms.

Marriott is right on the edge of the French Quarter and Per Marquette is a couple blocks on the other side of Canal.

Pere Marquette is not quite as crazy with crowds as the Marriott can be.

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

Yes, the Marriott on Canal (not JW). There is a $5 difference between the two hotels I mentioned, so I'm just looking for the nicer property. I like staying near near or on Canal since it's so central.

Thanks Irishfan

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

Most would probably consider Renaissance Perre Marquette to be a SOMEWHAT nicer property. But most would consider New Orleans Marriott to have a SOMEWHAT better location, wth SOME of the rooms having great views.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,605 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

Agree, a good rule of thumb is usually a Renaissance property is going to be up the food chain a bit from a regular Marriot.

But for me, for some reason, this doesnt't really translate at the New Orelans locations.

I gave a pass to the Pere Marquette on my first stay since it was just after Katrina and they were barely open. But subsequent visits haven't wowed me either, from a service perspective or from the fact that those rooms are REALLY tiny!

6. Re: Hotel question? Renaissance Pere Marquette or Mariottt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2013, 10:23