We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
St. Marie or Place d'Armes

I am going to book one of these 2 hotels tonight. April visit with 4 women in their 30's.. very interested in the night life of NO. Which hotel would you pick? I also looked at Chateau Bourbon but the construction thing really puts me on edge. Help! Thanks!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Both are outstanding hotels. You will like either one but SM is a little bit older and needs a little work. Nothing to worry about though. I think I would stay at PDA. I was not aware of any construction at CB. It's a nice hotel. Ooopppssss......It is being renovated. Stay at PDA. Enjoy your visit.

Edited: 27 January 2012, 23:42
Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Both are well located, Place D Armes is a little more charming, IMHO

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

My sister stayed at Place d'Armes when she was in town. They have lots of charming rooms. Some of the smallest ones don't really have a window, other than in the door itself. Consider that if it's an issue for you.

They adored PdA. It could not be better located.

Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Now I'm all confused, I'd pretty much settled on the hotel st marie for my wife and I when we come over in June, the thing that puts me off the PdA is there is not a courtyard balcony room available for my required dates.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Place D'armes is our favorite.....but newcastle....st. marie comes a close second....

Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

It's the balcony that's swaying me

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,624 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Newcastle--Then go for the balcony! We always get a balcony room and I LOVE it. That's one of my favorite things about staying in New Orleans!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

Thank you all for your responses. I believe from what you all said- they are both nice and reasonable. When booking- SM offered a balcony room so I took that. We are so excited for our first trip!! Next, I need to figure out what to do once we get there... thanks again!!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

The courtyards at PDA is very large and enjoyable for everyone, even if you don't have a courtyard room. I've stayed with and without the courtyard and didn't really notice the difference because we sat out in the courtyard anyways!...... The nice thing about HSM though is the little bar downstairs, the Vacherie. Having stayed at both I would choose PDA...... That's where I will be checking in tomorrow afternoon!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Marie or Place d'Armes

We stayed at HSM in Dec and I found the room a little too worn and the beds were terrible. They had the most charming and friendly housekeeping staff and I also liked their front desk staff. I had a bad experience with one concierge but others were good.

I've not stayed at PDA, I prefer Hotel Monteleone, Hotel Provincial. Bienville House, Dauphine Orleans or Le Richelieu over HSM.