We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

seattle
Level Contributor
189 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

For my last two nights I am trying to decide between Omni Royal Orleans (small room) and a balcony room at Place d'arms. I will be solo for this portion so want somewhere safe to walk alone at night if I get a late dinner or hear some music. I would love to lounge by the pool (will it be warn enough early April?), and somewhere with a bar that I would feel comfortable by myself just hanging out for a bit.

The omni would be about 30$ more a night.

What would you choose?

Thanks so much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

While I LOVE the Royal Orleans, I'd probably go with the balcony room at Place d'Armes for this one. The small rooms at the Omni are quite small and, even though it's a four-star hotel, I think you're getting more bang for your buck at PDA.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

I would stay at Royal Orleans. It's a very classy hotel with a great rooftop pool that has a nice view. It's very highly rated. And the location is perfect. PDA is fine but I still think of Royal Orleans as being one of the finest hotels in the city. Go to NOLA for fine dining too.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

I'd choose the balcony room for this time although the royal orleans is quite a place but the balcony room and 30 cheaper cuts the deal....but then we love the PDA.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

I'd go for the balcony room. I LOVE having the balcony to sit on and watch the world go by!

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

No question to me.

BALCONY ROOM!!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

another vote for the balcony room! Also, PDA is right at Jackson Square, so the location is ideal if you want to pop next door to Muriels, or walk 12 more steps to Stanley's, Cafe du Monde is in view from the front door, Jackson Sqaure is right outside for a sit or stroll thru the park. PDA wins this one!

7. Re: Omni Royal Orleans vs. Place d"arms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 10:30