We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Market food

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
French Market food

I have walked through the Farmer's Market area of the French Market in my past visits to the FQ and I have been intrigued by the food offerings at the kiosk-style restaurants , but I have never eaten any. I hope to change that this time. I am looking for recommendations for all meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For instance, J's Seafood Dock looks intriguing. Again, I am not talking about the sit-down restaurants associated with the French Market area, but the kiosk food stands in the farmer's market area.

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: French Market food

Meals from the Heart has great healthy breakfasts and a great Crab Cake. The Organic Banana has fresh fruit smoothies with or without alcohol.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Market food

Organic Banana has wonderful Bloody Mary's with enough "solids" in it to constitute a salad! Pickled green beans, Queen Mary olives, citrus.........oh ok, I know that's probably not where you were going with your original post but when I think of the Market those drinks just immediately come to mind!!!

Hope you get better answers soon!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Market food

J's Seafood Dock has wonderful fresh and tasty Oysters

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Market food

Interview on this linked segment from "Meals from the Heart" at the French Market (in addition to some very kick-axx music).

wwoz.org/programs/…show-143-kickin-some-brass

Of course, EGN is right across street from French Market for a sit down Margarita and some great appetizers

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French Market food

Great KCK - we've always hit Felix's for oysters, but I love going to the Market and now I can legitimately drag Bill along with me!! MAN, I could go for some fat, salty, fresh oysters right now..........

Arkansas
Level Contributor
221 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French Market food

I didn't realize there were food vendors at the French Market! For some odd reason, I usually really like the food at places like this. The River Market in Little Rock and the Farmers' Market in Nashville both have great food kiosks! I may have to revise my lunch plans.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French Market food

I second Meals from the Heart kiosk stand way down in the market near the mint. A nice, but tasty break from high caloric NOLA food.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French Market food

I had really good alligator sausage on a stick at the Farmer's Market, but I think it was from a temporary and not a permanent stall.

Level Contributor
14 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: French Market food

Definitely eat at the French Market. The food is great and the prices are very reasonable. Plus you don't have to wait for a reservation. It's a great way to try New Orleans cuisine. (Organic Banana has the best drinks!!)

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: French Market food

I recently sampled the food offerings at the French Market and concur the food is very good and reasonably priced...I sampled an order of crawfish mac and cheese at Mother Natures Cupboard...very tasty with plenty of cheese and crawfish...who cares that the order came in a take out container...also a half doz. of raw oysters is only $7.00 at J's Oyster Bar and Seafood...compared with $10.75 at Felixs' Restaurant...if you are there at the French Market and your'e not interested in paying for the dining ambiance, but like a taste of New Orleans..then give it a try...Oh, some of the food stalls seem to close up shop by 4-5pm...