We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Grenade?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best Grenade?

Hi, I know this is a tough question to ask- but who makes the best grenade? Funky Pirate or Tropical Isle? I'm looking for one with real juice etc, no syrups. Thank you!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Grenade?

Also, while I've asked, is Remoulades the best place for a Bloody Mary? Thanks again!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Grenade?

Here's the real thing. Just joking. I don't drink fancy cocktails but I'm sure they are good. Molly's has some fine bloody mary's. Enjoy your visit.

Hand Grenade............

http://i.imgur.com/C4QCi.gif

Molly's at the Market @ 1107 Decatur St., New Orleans, LA 504 - 525 - 5169.

http://mollysatthemarket.net/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Grenade?

Celtics--Tropical Isle or Funky Pirate for the hand grenade FOR SURE! As for Bloody Mary's I don't drink them but have had a sip of one from Molly's On The Market and it wasn't bad and it was spicy! Remoulades makes a real tasty drink called Bayou Self...that's what I usually have there!

I'll leave the Bloody Mary question to someone who can REALLY answer it!!!!!

Edited: 01 February 2012, 17:34
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Grenade?

Both the Funky Pirate and Tropical Isle are jointly owned so both hand grenades are the same.

I don't think there is a drop of juice in either one.....

Pretty funny, axle.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Grenade?

Handgrenades are exactly the same from all Tropical Isle Bars, including Funky Pirate. It is a secret recipe and the bars get it pre mixed from mgmt.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Grenade?

And, a sorta related story, we ran into a local a few months ago at Johnny White's in the early afternoon, who said he once was the walking Hand Grenade mascot on Bourbon St. for a time, and used to personally mix up the hand grenades in gigantic buckets.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Grenade?

Thank you every one (esp for the funny video :). My friend and I are trying to organize our own cocktail scavanger hunt during the weekend before Fat Tuesday. Is there a place that is good for bloody marys or grenades that have more fresh ingrediants? I'd rather spend a few extra bucks to get a tasty drink with fresh ingrediants.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Grenade?

P.s. We already have Pat O'briens, the old absinth house, lafitte’s blacksmith shop on the list

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Grenade?

Also, I think we are going to add Bombay Club and Muriels, on top of whatever other suggestions I can get- it's going to be a busy weekend :) Sorry for all the posts!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Grenade?

Contrary to logic and tradition do NOT get any absinthe at the Old Absinthe House. Highly overpriced and dripped unceremoniously and with disdain.

For a nice absinthe experience try Pravda or Pirates Alley Cafe'.

I'd recommend Bar Tonique on Rampart as well, for great cocktails.

Edited: 01 February 2012, 18:11