We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mardi Gras Cam...

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mardi Gras Cam...

Just watching the Mardi Gras Cam (with sound--woo hoo!)

earthcam.com/usa/…

and asking myself a question...other than the delivery trucks who must go thru, WHY do people try to drive thru this?!?!?! Unreal!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

There was a band going up Bourbon a little while ago and that was fun to watch! I LOVE the sound too and I'm enjoying watching people catch the beads being thrown from the balcony up above! Awesome upgrade of the camera. Totally agree about trying to drive through all those people!!!!!Just saw a guy wrapped in the Canadian flag too!!!!!

Edited: 17 February 2012, 22:21
pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
535 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

Well, there ya have it. I'm loving the cam too! Just watched people stopping & picking beads off the ground. Ew!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

I must not do the cam right, or there is a problem with my computer, because all I ever get on any of these cams is a still picture with no movement or sound at all. That's OK though, I'm afraid that seeing live pictures would make me more jealous than I already am about everyone who is lucky enough to be there!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

OMG, this is insane, love watching these live cameras with sound, the balcony one is pretty daring now.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

Yep.... The flashing has started from the balcony cams!.....the entertainment has definitely started and people are getting drunk and daring for the sake of beads!...... This should provide hours of not days of entertainment!...... Second best thing to being there!

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

Got to watch a small parade today around 1:00pm PST with Mid City Carriges heading down Bourbon St. with everybody throwing beads out of the Carriges. It was so cute!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

It has been very entertaining!..... I saw a matching band second line like parade down Bourbon around noon. Everyone looked so happy with their hand grenades and masks, strolling along catching beads!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

Jlr...... Make sure you are selecting the live streaming cams, there are only 2 or 3 on the list. I made the same mistake forever, but the others only refresh a still shot every 3 or 4 minutes!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

There's an earnest little group with a life-sized crucifix, holding forth in the middle of Bourbon Street. Every Mardi Gras you see them, these soldiers of the cross. "Sinners, repent!"

They arrive on buses from who-knows-where. For the next four days they'll wander the streets looking for souls in need of saving (which, at Mardi Gras, describes every soul over the age of two).

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mardi Gras Cam...

The city recently banned the bible-thumping, so those thumpers better have brought some extra cash:

nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/01/new_orle…